Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #1

I am planning to buy a conversion real soon. Just wonder what you all think about the variouse conversions? We like the Haulmark floorplan, but have been thinking Renegade is a better unit. What do you all think?

Brad MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #2

I cant fully answer without knowing the intended use !
none are perfect and they all have there good points but the flip side could get ugly !
renegades interior seemed pretty flimsy and week to me ! I would consider NRC as well, they will do any floor plan you can dream up and they are almost the same money .

fastlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #3

Brad,
Don't buy anything until you have put your hands on it!!!! Go look at the different brands in the various stages of completion and then make your decision.

Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #4

I agree with Wick.

Everyone has a certain aspect of a product that they feel must meet their own expectations.

Some like great fit & finish on the interior. Others have specific frame structure they are looking for. geof like's insulation

Which by the way geof I see your point specially when I am working on the rig during the winter and it is freaken colder than heck and I have to use up all my propane to keep the place warm.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #5

Hey Brad, I knew you couldn't lurk forever! LOL
Get that rig bought soon, show season is just around the corner.
John (C-IL) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:09 PM   #6

Brad, First- let me say that I sell Renegade and United Specialties, I used to sell Haulmark and I have had all three as demos. I drive truck conversions about 20,000 miles a year.

The 6 big manufacturers- (Renegade, Haulmark, United Specialties, NRC, Showhauler and Optima) all put out a very nice product. If you want to customize, stay away from Haulmark. NRC, Renegade, United Specialties and Showhauler will build a custom floorplan for you. NRC really dolls the interiors up if you like- very nice, but you pay a little more for it. Showhauler and United Specialties seem very similar with a nice amount of options and interior selections. I have had good luck with service on our units, a few more small problems and problems with customer service on the Haulmark.

This is a very big investment. I would highly suggest taking a factory tour- I think most of the manufacturers can accomodate you if you give them some notice. You should be able to see all except Optima in 2 days in the Elkhart- Bristol Indiana area.

Bob
rjdhomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:29 AM   #7

I HAVE NARROWED MY SEARCH TO SHOWHAULER,NRC AND LEGEND,WHICH I UNDERSTAND IS MADE BY SHOWHAULER.
I WOULD LIKE TO USE THE M2 OR M112 CHASIS.I WILL ONLY BE TOWING A JEEP AND WILL USE IT TRAVELING IN CANADA AND THE WESTERN U.S.AS A BASE FOR FISHING AND UPLAND BIRD HUNTING.IS WARPATH HAPPY WITH HIS CONVERSION AS FAR AS POWER STABILITY AND LIVABILITY?
henri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:52 AM   #8

Henri,

WHY ARE YELLING????

The best way is to head out to the Elkhart area and do a tour of the two (these two are very close to each other). You can see how each is built and also talk about your specific needs. The buy whichever one answers your questions the best and/or fits your needs the best.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:44 AM   #9

I was at NRC last week getting repairs and changes on our new (november) coach
I purchased a used trailer on the way out !
When I arrived I asked Mike and Jerry where I can leave the trailer(outside) so I may work on it while they are working on my truck ?
Answer> "Leave that trailer hooked and bring it it in here where it is warm"
My wife and I spent 3 days in the shop at NRC
(our choice)
while we were there we were offered help, parts and tools (often)

They changed our truck to our liking, help on the trailer and upgraded several things also!
We were made to feel very welcome there!
The workers were polite , we were asked often if we approve of the changes and repairs !

This was a great experience for my wife and I,
We run a shop in NY and this is how we try to treat our customers but rarely have we experienced a company that does the same !

It was a pleasure to be at NRC the people were great the work was good the bill was 0. !

They addressed all of our concerns with a smile ,

We did pay a little more initially, but the support after the sale ,(I can now say) is superb! good luck ! tony
fastlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #10

Go with the colombia and the 450. I tow a f250 sd and there is nothing like pulling the hills at 65. Had the 330hp cat in my diesel pusher and would never go that small again. Just my cent and a half.

orangebang40 is offline   Reply With Quote