Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Truck Conversion Talk > Truck Conversion General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #1

I've been admiring truck conversions for many years and longing for one. We bought a '92 Allegro 32' class A gas Chev powered unit in '04 to see how the motorhome lifestyle suits us. We've loved it. So, with the economy where it is now I decided now might be a good time to buy one. I've been searching for the perfect rig for a bit now. Just bought it yesterday. Found it at Wright-Way Trailers (www.wrightwaytrailers.com) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It's an '03 Freightliner FL112 chassis, single screw, Caterpiller C12 with Eaton 10 speed autoshift. United Specialties Trendsetter conversion, 26' box, 8kw Onan deisel genset, two roof airs, one slide for the living room sofa. Lots of nice features. The truck was made into a truck conversion when it was brand new in '03 so it was never used as a commercial truck. It's only got 53,xxx miles on it. It looks like brand new, inside and out. We're very very excited. We took it for a test drive and wow does this thing haul aXX. Now I'm in the club, aren't I?

Old 03-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #2

...IF YOU ARE HAPPY-WE ARE HAPPY!....CONGRATULATIONS......[NOW GET OUT THERE AND TRAVEL]!......geofkaye

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #3

Bob,
Congratulations on your new rig.

We went through the same process with the trial purchase of a gas RV to check out the fun factor of RVing. We liked it and worked for about 3 years to design, find our base truck and build our HDT Conversion.

Our final specs are similar to your too.

Enjoy the ride...we found the HDT to be a huge improvement in every respect except maybe the extra size when parking but we are getting used to that.

Your pictures didn't make it...try it again please.

Jim
Old 03-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #4

I linked the pics to my blog. They appeared the first time I posted this. I wonder if they somehow blocked it there since they were linked from another site? Please check www.bobwinsor.com and I'll try to host them somewhere else too. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #5

GOOD LOOKIN' TRUCK BOB....GET READY TO CAMP-IT CAN'T BE TOO LONG BEFORE WARMER WEATHER....MY DILLS ARE UP ONE INCH!.....LETS GO CAMPING!.....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #6

CONGRATS, we loved our United Specialties and what a great company to deal with. They were awesome when I had a question and when we broke an arm on the couch, it only cost me the money to ship the broken one back (13.00)
Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #7

Bob

Would you share with us how much it cost?

And how come I don't see any pictures, but I see little boxes with an x in them?

Can you show us pictures of your conversion?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #8

I'll have to host the pictures somewhere else I guess. I also only have a handful of pics for now. Click here for those: http://bobwinsor.blogspot.com/...big-news-for-us.html

I don't know if the dealer would want me posting the price here. I can tell you they had it listed on their web site at $130k. He made me a huge deal over that. I'm very happy with my price. I made the deal with them and asked them to keep it on their lot for a few weeks to give me some time to try and sell my class A. Maybe next week or the week after I'll go pick it up. Haven't gotten any offers on my class A so I'm going to take it to a consignment lot. I have a storage condominium that I keep it in and have to get it out for the new rig to come home. I'll get some more pics as soon as I get it home.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #9

Bob

You can post pictures on this website for free.

Would 25%, 30%, 40%, 50%... off the listed price reflect how much you paid for it?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 AM   #10

I posted a new topic seeking help with the photo album stuff.

Bravest. Since they are a dealer and have other units for sale I don't think it would be proper for me to post what I paid. If it was a private party that didn't need to sell anymore I wouldn't have a problem. I just think it's good manners since I used to be in the sales business also. I'm very happy with their price to me, that's what counts. And they have been great to work with which is also very important.