Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-14-2005, 06:29 AM   #1

Well I have been hustling to get the new Show Hauler in shape for the first outing this Saturday. We will be in Lancaster, Pa for the iRV2 rally next week. So I doubt I will have a chance to get on the board much if at all over the next week and half.

Of course I could not leave with at least my air dam, bug shield, 6" exhaust and mud flaps w/ chrome weights installed. I started from the minute I got it home last Wednesday night and this weekend with high temps and high humidity really sucked, but I got most everything completed that I have time to complete. Tonight I need to fix a few issues and finish packing the rig.

When I get back I will take a bunch of photos along with explaining some of the things I have done so far. I will say that I love this truck!! Got a change to take another short spin in it Saturday and I definitely picked the right truck for my application.

On top of that, I love the look of this truck. I can tell you that if you like the truck in the photos, you'll be blown away with it in person. For some reason photos just don't do this thing justice.

Old 06-14-2005, 02:24 PM   #2

BTW... where would I get an air dam for the volvo chassis?

HiRevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:24 AM   #3

I would check with Volvo directly on that. I have seen air dams on alot of Volvos so I am thinking that it might be a factory option.

I had to do some serious hunting for mine. I originally contacted Sport Chassis which is a division of Freightliner who has a online store to purchase accessories for the M2 & old FL70. Must have called and left 5 or 6 messages and never could get a returned called. Finally got through to a gentlemen there who told they would not sell to anyone but Sport Chassis customers even though I was a FL customer. I was not happy about that, and think their policy sucks! But he did give me a lead which finally lead me to a small company in Kentucky.

Anyway I am really happy with the look. I do have a chrome drop visor I will be adding, but I ran out of time for this trip. I think it will balance things out.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:41 AM   #4

I am loving that Chrome!! How do you like the view down that nose compared to your old one?
Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:08 AM   #5

It is definitely different. I loved the FLD when pointed in the sun. The big visor and small windshield meant no sun in the eyes.

But this one is cool for viewing the surrounding landscape. The chrome visor I have will drop down 2-3 inches. I saw one on one of Nathan's (Becks) propane trucks and it looks really good.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:44 AM   #6

Looks like you'll be all set for the iRV2.com National Rally!

We will take off in the morning... See you and your family soon.

don
Don in E Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:06 AM   #7

Hey Don

Ya know I have not had a chance to really keep up with who was coming to the rally.

Good to hear a Texas Boomer was making the run up to Lancaster any others that you know of?

It will be great to see you and your wife again.

Bill
Old 06-15-2005, 08:40 AM   #8

Don't know of any other Texan Boomers going. But I'm an old retired F**T and can take off to do some traveling. Plus right after the iRV2 rally, we have a Class 7-8 Truck rally about 150 miles West of Lancaster - so will attend both. Plus a wedding in NJ....

Oh --- my Avatar is out of kilter ---- the address of the picture is not correct for some reason??? and I can't figure out how to correct it..... correct address for my picture is:

http://www.airstreamforums.com/attac...atar1766_0.gif

hmmm. not pasting correctly - must be a wraparound problem: ---should be:

/avatars/customavatar/avatar1766_0.gif

Busy packing today --- also noted that the fridge did not work on gas. Bummer. I used my handy-dandy air hose and blew out the area around the burner of all kinds of trash - seems to be working now. Hate it when my brews get warm...

don
Old 06-15-2005, 09:47 AM   #9

There ya go, fixed your avatar.

Man I wish I was leaving today! See ya Saturday afternoon.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:53 AM   #10

You da' man!!!