Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #1

I own a 2007 Century and am wondering where the brake switch is located. I am installing an electric brake controller. Thanks

Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #2

Should be mounted down there on the arm that the brake pedal moves, isn't it? I've got an '03 Freightliner FL112 and mine is there. There are a couple wires attached to mine. Actually the switch itself is mounted on a bracket and there is a plunger thing that comes out when you push the pedal down. If I remember correctly. I'll be going to my truck on Thursday afternoon and I'll try to take a look at it. My son drives over the road a '05 Columbia. I'll ask him to take a look at his and see if he can find it too. Don't know exactly when I'll next talk to him tho.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #3

Found where it is. There is a manifold behind the dash around the parking brake valve. Panel comes out and everything is there-yeah sure-heard that before. lol
Old 05-26-2010, 06:49 AM   #4

Wow, good find, I never would have thought to check there. Are you sure that isn't just the parking brake switch tho? If it is that wouldn't be the right wire to use for a trailer brake controller. I know on my truck there must be a switch on that parking brake air switch because when I release the parking brakes the daytime running lights come on.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #5

That is where the local dealership to9ld me I could find it. Looked all over the truck and couldn't find either a lever switch or air pressure switch that could have been the brake lite switch so, I think they may be correct.