Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 PM   #1

Can anyone volunteers help me with this principle?

After seeing lots of conversions on this site and touring a Haulmark in person, I sense that conversions are designed to be sealed up, doors/windows closed so the air conditoning/ventilation system can cool the cabin or provide circulation as compared to opening many large windows and skylights for natural ventilation on mild days.

My question is: Why don't conversions have larger opening windows so more natural ventilation can occur rather than relying on a generator to operate a ventilation system?

Does one generally run the generator for ventilation at all times, part of the time, only when it's hot, only when folks are awake...?

Comments?

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:46 PM   #2

......because they don't understand the connection between H-V-AC and therefore make assumptions which either make their coach smell of body odor/cooking odor or plastics to conserve energy and is dangerous their lives.....Or they oversize their heating and cooling unites to make up for their "connstrucktion tedchniques".....which causes other problems such as short cycling of HVAC unites or stale air or too high or too low humidity which gives the wrong feel to the interior of the coach or even worse starts the mold/mildew growth issues....there is a correct balance which must be met at all times in use or in storage....otherwise you have a "sick building syndrome" coach....which to some can be deadly.....geofkaye

Old 11-04-2005, 04:41 AM   #3

For ventilation we run our fantastic fans with the windows open. We have two in the bedroom, then along the slide and a big one by the door. We hardly use the generator.
Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:10 AM   #4

us also, we don't run our ac unless the temp's or humidity are way up there. with our windows and the door open we have a good crossflow. the fantastic fans really do help if you run the fans on exhaust and let the natural thermal flow work. course this only works so well in places like death valley--- mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:57 AM   #5

Same here with the fans (which work on 12v) and the normal windows we get plenty of ventilation without the ac on.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:35 PM   #6

.....I never rely on wind or therms anymore because of CO and other vopors/fumes/mold/mildew/fuel/ chems/neighbors equipment....matter of choice I guess....but I'm overly cautious anymore.....I have 2-CO's and 2- Smokes and 2- flash fire unites and an working on an alarm system for tractor and trailer for on the road or at home for constant monitoring....had an idea for Halon system but can't get what I want at a price I want to pay for it....looking into marine applications for engine rooms currrently for a self contained with a loud whistle built into the Haylon nozzel.....or an electrically operated switch built in N.C. for a loop to main panel.......geofkaye