Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Truck Conversion General Discussions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/)
-   -   Bigfoot Levelers (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/bigfoot-levelers-4440/)

GENECARP 07-02-2010 06:02 PM

A question regarding BIGFOOT levelers, I have always powered up, hit auto, STEPPED BACK, and watched it do its thing.All four feet always came down and made ground contact. Today i decided to retract, and reset, the fronts came down about 5 inches, and stopped, the backs came all the way down, made ground contact, and did there thing. Is it normal to have only the fronts down, or only the backs down? Thanks Gene

ed s 07-02-2010 06:20 PM

Gene, I cant help you, I do not have Bigfoot.
Mine have touched the ground and then went on to level.

Radman 07-02-2010 07:54 PM

I have the Bigfoot system. I have never had it operate as you described. I did however have it get "confused". Rest / cycle power once and it's been fine ever since...

Rad

Bob86ZZ4 07-03-2010 07:17 AM

I've got Equalizer Systems on mine so different brand. Every so often I have to manually level mine and then push the correct pattern of buttons to tell it it's level. It sometimes loses it's memory or something and needs recalibration. Maybe you should try re-setting level on yours? Owners manual should tell you how to do that. Hope you didn't hit it too hard with that BFH?

GENECARP 07-03-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bob86ZZ4:
I've got Equalizer Systems on mine so different brand. Every so often I have to manually level mine and then push the correct pattern of buttons to tell it it's level. It sometimes loses it's memory or something and needs recalibration. Maybe you should try re-setting level on yours? Owners manual should tell you how to do that. Hope you didn't hit it too hard with that BFH?

Bob, you hit the nail on the head, programmed to manual mode, then zeroed it out and reset, works like a charm now, thanks, Gene

Bob86ZZ4 07-04-2010 06:39 AM

Yaaaayyyyy!

Chill Travelers 07-07-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GENECARP:
A question regarding BIGFOOT levelers, I have always powered up, hit auto, STEPPED BACK, and watched it do its thing.All four feet always came down and made ground contact. Today i decided to retract, and reset, the fronts came down about 5 inches, and stopped, the backs came all the way down, made ground contact, and did there thing. Is it normal to have only the fronts down, or only the backs down? Thanks Gene
High Gene, New to the forum and I noticed your post as I was doing my initial lurk.

I had a similar biggfoot problem that was getting worse. Mostly one leg would be slightly off the ground when it was done on auto. The reset stopped working, so I reprogrammed the system by going to manual and leveling using a very accurate bubble level. Once I reprogrammed, it sets perfectly in almost every terrain. Let me know if you do not have the reprogramming instructions....easy, but a bit complicated.

Regards,

Bob