Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #1

Default Anyone have information about Titling a conversion PA

HI,
I am in PA and I have an '05 freightliner M2 with 28ft box. I have most of the conversion done. I was looking to see if anyone have any information on how to change the title of my truck to Motorhome in PA? Any information is great appreciated.

kkspstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #2

Every state is different. Some more difficult than others. I would contact your local DMV to see what the specfic requirements are for PA. You could go to Escapees.com. There are several threads on that site under HDT's that discuss those requirements for almost every state. MMM

mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #3

it used to be easy but they changed the way its done in the last few years it has to go through a enhanced inspection not all inspection stations are enhanced and even less can do heavy vechicles the reason i know is i am working on a 87 freightliner conv with a 24 ft motorhome box 14 ft living 10 toyhauler ithink the form is a mv426b ? i have thought about reg it in montana seems easy but cost about 1500. dollars
jimmy g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #4

Thanks for the info timmy g. Just wondering what info you had about reg it in montana or how that works? I am about a week away from being done with my conversion and want to get it reg as an rv so I can start using it soon. I am thinking about trying to get an enhanced inspection scheduled for the next week. Any idea how long it takes the state to get the title back to you after the inspection?
kkspstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #5

You have to contact a attorney that specializes in rv reg I found the info in the back of the good Sam magazine there were a few they can give you all of the details as far as I know pa does nothing fast I would say at least 4 to 6 weeks if it goes through with out any problems what part of pa are you in I am between Philly and Allentown I would greatly appreciate any info you could give me when you get through thanks jim
jimmy g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #6

<--- Is in Danville / Bloomsburg.. Good to see some more local people here!