Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Truck Conversion General Discussions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/)
-   -   Anybody heard of......... (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/anybody-heard-4786/)

DanT 02-20-2004 05:26 PM

Transport Design Inc.? I've talked to a gentleman by e-mail that had an FL-70 converted by them to a motorhome. Didn't look as fancy as a Showhauler but used a steel frame and an all aluminum exterior. DanT

geof 02-21-2004 02:23 AM

....Looked up close at one at the Rv Show in Louisville last year. ....your right-it was sort of plane Jane looking but well made and the owner was exceptionally proud. He had $70k in the whole thing-truck and box....26' IIRC....very reasonable for what he had...geof-near Cincinnati

DrFun 02-24-2004 03:25 PM

DanT:
I've had an extensive email discussion with the president at Transport Designs, Steve Mattie, and have also "checked references" with a current owner (possibly the same one that you contacted).

Transport Designs is very flexible in meeting the customers designs and specifications. I've been very impressed with Steve's responsiveness to my questions and with his willingness to build to meet my needs -- not theirs. https://www.truckhome.com/infopop/emo.../icon_wink.gif
At this point in my resarch process, they're definitely on the short list of viable choices for a conversion company!

If you haven't already, check out their web page at: Transport Designs

Regards,
Alan

DanT 02-24-2004 06:24 PM

Alan,
I sent an e-mail with my preliminary questions and recieved a reply the next day. Frankly that was a welcome change from the response I got from some of the better known companies.

Anyway I was impressed with his candor and will continue the dialog. Thanks for the information and opinions. DanT

Patrick 03-31-2004 11:22 AM

Is it just me or do their rigs look primitive?

10-26-2005 07:47 AM

Check out the redesigned website. Any company that intends to be around has to make changes.

Racing4fun 01-17-2007 11:39 PM

DR Fun! The More I read the more I find about you are promoting Transport Design. Are you on the pay roll? Are you marketing company on the Kool? Please explain why you are selling stock in this company? Is it because you work for the company? Do you own the company? Please tell us! What is on Dr. fun and The Scoop on You And Transport Design? Dr.Fun! Are you a dealer?

RE: 2006 Transport Designs (in Conversion - Show Off!) by DrFun
TruckConversion.net > TruckConversion.net > Conversion - Show Off!
June 29, 2006 05:57 PM

May 12, 2006 10:56 AM

May 10, 2006 10:58 PM

May 10, 2006 10:48 PM

2006 Transport Designs (in Conversion - Show Off!) by DrFun
Our rig is complete. Pictures are posted here: ......

gil 01-20-2007 07:51 AM

fyi --

i ran across www.hawkengineering.com in a recent issue of the RV Trader.

if you call or email them, there are 3 emails he can get to you showing some of his projects.

gil

DrFun 01-20-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

DR Fun! The More I read the more I find about you are promoting Transport Design. Are you on the pay roll? Are you marketing company on the Kool? Please explain why you are selling stock in this company? Is it because you work for the company? Do you own the company? Please tell us! What is on Dr. fun and The Scoop on You And Transport Design? Dr.Fun! Are you a dealer?
Greetings All!

My promotion of Transport Designs is simply explained:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>I spent over 5 years researching various alternatives for an RV conversion.
<LI>I selected Transport Designs for one, single rig.
<LI>They went the extra mile to accommodate my unique, very picky requirements.
<LI>They completed the project on time, within budget, with high quality.
<LI>Their staff was professional and easy to deal with.
<LI>There seems to be much more focus in this forum on some of the larger, mid west conversion companies and I want folks to know there are other choices. (Anthony Desnik is doing a great job presenting alternatives that he offers.)
<LI>I am not a dealer. I am not on the payroll. I have only purchased one truck conversion in my life. [/list]I hope this helps explain the clear bias in my postings.

gil 01-20-2007 12:21 PM

hello alan -

do you have some pics of your rig?

gil

DrFun 01-20-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

do you have some pics of your rig?
The most complete set of pictures is here: Transport Designs Photo Gallery
Click on the "Olson 16ft 10in Motorhome" gallery.