Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-22-2005, 06:39 AM   #1

Well it has been a looooooonnnnngggggg time coming (5 months!), but the truck is finally in the frame shop at Show Hauler. Lonnie will probably send me some photos by the end of the week.

We now have a completion/pickup date of May 20th. Originally we where looking at April 15th so this really sucks, because we will miss our fist planned trip which was May 1. This also is going to be cutting our Memorial day weekend trip very very close, so I have all my toes and fingers crossed that things go smoothly and we make that date.

Anyone that is planning a conversion, all I can say is plan for delays. Not sure that you will run into the kinda of delays I have experienced, but your gonna see some. I know I have ranted on here about it, but really I have taken a pretty cool attitude with everyone that has worked on this project. Yeah, I call and bug people, but I have kept my cool. I figure life is to short, also makes for a good campfire story for many years to come.

Old 03-25-2005, 03:52 PM   #2

.....on construction projects it is not unheard of to give a completion date/time with inspections done... with a fine resulting for non-compliance......say $500+ a day.....just a thought....kinda changes the flavor of the contract some and keeps all on track.......geof kaye

Old 03-25-2005, 06:05 PM   #3

Yep, I've seen a few of those contracts geof, it works the other way too.
John (C-IL) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:46 AM   #4

Just a little update. Lonnie sent me a few photos today, it was like Christmas!! Most of the shots you guys wont appreciate since they are just more of the outside and inside of the truck. (they are in the photo gallery) But it helps me plan out and order ahead some accessories for the cab and exterior of the truck. Since I am getting such a late start on getting this one, I am having to work around the 8 trips we have planned this summer leaving only a few open weekends to work on the rig.

I should have some shots of the finished frame work for the motorhome box by Friday. They started the frame last week, and are finishing it up today. They also cut the opening in the back of the cab in preparation for bolting the frame on the chassis.

Things should start to picking up from here on out.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:00 PM   #5

...your teasing us again.....God will get you for this behavior.....geof kaye ;&gt
Old 04-05-2005, 08:06 AM   #6

UPDATE:

Per the last update, Lonnie had mentioned he would get me a few frame shots last Friday. Well that didn't happen so I had to stew about it over the weekend. Yesterday I was wondering what was up so I thought of a excuse to call up and see if I could get some shots of the progress.

Well I found out Lonnie was out for the week for a much needed vacation from pain's in asses like me. Anyway Chad gave me a update on truck and they where just finishing up the exterior skin. That was just as cool to here as it would have been to get photos.

So it is sheeted on the interior, has the propane tank, generator installed, and skinned on the outside. I would think they will be roughing in the interior the remainder of this week.

Since Lonnie will be fresh as a Daisey on Monday, I will bug him to get me some photos. Actually, I bet I don't even need to, he'll probably send them over before I can ask.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #7

.....yeah Bill, I know all about those pix issues[could you return mine please?]....geof kaye
Old 04-05-2005, 09:51 PM   #8

You mean you actually wanted them BACK?
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:11 PM   #9

.......[el cheapo] me-has to have Krogers make copies at 29 cents each so If I could get them returned I'd appreciate it......Geof-counting scheckles again as we get to the final payment on April 15.....geof kaye