Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-15-2005, 09:49 AM   #1

Well we are 5 weeks away from completion and it is time to think about dressing this rig up. I am not the type of guy who buys a vehicle and lets it stay stock for more than a minute. And since we will be getting this after the camping season has already started, I want to get everything in house and ready to install.

So 1st item purchased. Dual 6" Polished SS exhaust. This is a mod I did to my last rig but only did a single side. The 6" turnout looks awesome and every on looker loved it, so this time it will be duals. The 6" look huge and much more in proportion than the stock one supplied with the rig.

Here is a pick of the last rig with it.

2nd item was a air dam for the front end. I hate to see a truck with a high bumper and all of that wheel showing. So after hunting for about 2 weeks, I found one through Wil-Ro. Very cool looking.

Next is to update the visor to CHROME! I didn't think I would ever find a vendor who would do a chrome visor, but I got lucky and it lives! Loved my chrome visor on the FLD

Next is a chrome bug shield. Again had one on the last rig and will add it to this one.

Since FL only puts a few woodgrain accents on the dash, might as well finish that off.

And the last immediate update will be a set of good mud flaps with chrome anti-sail weights.

Bill

Old 04-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #2

Hey Bill, when you put those exhaust tips on the truck, turn them so the slashed edge is PARALLEL to the side of the truck. The way you did the last one looks a bit awkward with that sharp tip sticking out the side of the truck. Just doesn't look as smooth. Smooth is cool, and Cool is the Rule! Just my .02!
Have fun with the new rig!
Gary

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:46 PM   #3

.....someone gave Warpath an industrial sized magnet when he went to the chorme shop!.......[I-80 customer of hte year]....geofkaye
Old 04-18-2005, 09:29 PM   #4

....warpath....why don't they paint and prime all the steel instead of just a coat of undercoating on the bottom quarter?.....I'd do the interior and then the exterior on a vehicle this size so I could make a few changes if necessary without major re-doing. Also less of a chance to jang the exterior aluminum.....good roof seal! and I like the "V" idea for blown water over the top.....Lonnies pix's are improving wish mine were!....what about the tubing ends don't they weld them up?.....what is the round hump thing on the roof......see they are still using the bubble wrap insulation! How many slides? Electric or hydraulic?.....geofkaye
Old 04-19-2005, 05:41 AM   #5

No need for undercoating on the steel that is enclosed and doesn't see the elements.

No caps on the tubular steel.

2 slides; a super slide and a wardrobe slide.

The hump on the roof is a in motion satelite system.

The V is a awesome addition. Didn't know about that until I saw the pic's. The problem is if it is raining or hot and you have the AC on you always get water dripping or pouring right over the passenger or drivers door. Makes for a wet entrance into the cab.

Insulation used is more than enough for my needs.

Electric Slides

BTW: Check Here --> http://truckhome.com/eve/forums?a=tp...262#4031096262
Old 04-19-2005, 10:07 PM   #6

....I'm installing the Roof "V" this week....[stole Idea from you and Lonnie] as I have the same problem my the trailer....exterior A/C goes in this weekend over the kitchen area-pellet stove is waiting for pipe on Friday for install also.....and of course the MULCH has arrived all 7 yards to be spread so I have to get the girls together to shovel and spread.....Otherwise the trailer is blockes in....geofkaye