Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 09-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #1

Construction pics from start to finish are here:

http://homepage.mac.com/desnick/PhotoAlbum4.html

anthony desnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 06:48 PM   #2

Nice unit! Would it be rude to ask about how much it cost to build, not counting cost of the truck? It looks pretty close to what I might want, except I would prefer the drive axle a bit more forward for better maneuverability. I would put air-ride (probably Brock's Ad-A-Ride) on the front, so that would not be an issue if you felt the front had to have more weight for a better ride. Also, about what did it cost to daycab the truck?

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #3

The tractor cost us 15K and additional 7K to buy two aluminum wheels, stretch the chassis, and cut off the sleeper. I'd rather not tell you how much it cost to make the coach because its our business but i can tell that the truck sold for 98K.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:03 PM   #4

Thank you Anthony, I did not realize this was your livelihood! I do appreciate the other numbers you gave, and will say that it appears to be a decent coach for the money
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:01 PM   #5

.....I'm with Gary on this one.....I think there is something here: styrofoam insulation replacable with polyisocynate boards/SPFI? can the wood cabinets be painted and are they solid wood or particle board with contact paper covering?....wires in conduit or just routed through the foam insulation?.....Thickness of Insulation?....how many killowatts and what generator are you using.....can you customize or do you have a cookie cutter design?....floor insulated? hanging boxes steel or aluminum?.......geofkaye
Old 09-26-2005, 03:40 AM   #6

Thanks for the comments.

Wood cabinets are particle board with melamine finish and solid birch doors/laquer doors where white. Wires were routed through the floor space in conduit and up between framing members. Insulation is 1/2" in wall and ceiling and 3/4" in floor with insulated glass windows. We pre-wired for gen and owner installed a 5500 diesel onan. We customize every coach. I'm trained as an architect with over 30 years of practice under my belt. Boxes are steel in this one. I think aluminum is a better solution especially under the tanks.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:21 PM   #7

.....so... could I make some changes and get a coach built the way I want it for a reasonable price?......I have learned quite a lot by building my tractor/trailer-the question is could you handle additional changes-like the gray plastic conduit-polyisocynate insulation of at least 2 inches[R-15]-real wood cabinets painted, not stained-how about a commercial vinal/rubber floor like restraunts use[slip resistant]could I install my appliances[Wood's]- could I install my own generator- wired the way I want it-do I need to all the glitz and glammor items....tv's stero's mirrors-radios-satalites-I want only an Incinolet toilet/never a black water tank-only gray with a 20 gallon water heater....you know "crapola items".....I like plain Jane's....if I need glitz and glammor I just pick up another exotic dancer to take a vacation with her and write her off as an employee.......geofkaye
Old 09-27-2005, 04:26 AM   #8

geofkaye, The answer is yes. You can contact me directly at desnick@toolsetmotorhomes.com or by phone at 612 701 0203. Tony
Old 09-27-2005, 10:19 PM   #9

.......I'm doing a rebuild of a house[cottage] for the next few months but I will have time at or near Christmas to work out the details....I will contact you then.....geofkaye