Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #1

Default classic tricked out Peterbilt 359 for conversion

I have a 1974 Peterbilt 359 with a 300+inch wheelbase that I would like to sell. It currently has the sleeper and 5th wheel in place but would make a great truck conversion with some old school cool.... 1974 Peterbilt 359 ST Cat 3406B 15 Speed OD trans. I bought this truck stripped it down to restore and rebuild in the last two years I have invested over $50000.00 in improvements (all receipts available.) The entire truck was professionally rewired, every guage every light. Some of the brand new items in this truck include: New Paint, New Seats, New Good Year Tires (500 miles) new windshields, all new interior, new custom fiberglass painted curved corvette style dash board, new Kenwood Stereo, New Cobra CB, New Ceramic tile in Cab, Sleeper and Deckplate, New LED Lights, New Custom rear bumper with 2 inch receiver hitch, new steering wheel, new floor mats, wheels were all just machine polished out. All new wiring, new hoses, oil change was about 500 miles ago, new air filters...the list goes on and on. The only thing left to do on this truck is hook up the air suspension drop valve, have the part just no time to do it...Heat and AC work great drives straight as an arrow, comes with Fuel tanks full of diesel.

I bought this truck, worked it then decided to rebuild it...now I drive for somebody else, and this truck is too nice to only take out to shows a few times per year...it needs to be driven. any questions please call marco 815-947-3344. I have tons of pics that I can email marco (at)propsvisual.com asking $36000.00 OBO.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0008.jpg   DSC_0022.jpg   DSC_0014.jpg   DSC_0026.jpg  

props is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #2

I shouldn't even ask ... what is the distance from the back of the cab to end of the frame (how long of a box could be built on this truck). Thanks!

Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #3

Default length

The Truck is offsite now but it is approx 19- foot I believe.
thanks
props is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #4

Default length???

I am gussing it is about 20' back of cab to end of frame. You could have a few choices of box length, 1 you could add to the rear of the frame and have a box up to say 26' - 28' or longer depending on how much overhang you can deal with or 2 you could drop either the front drive or the rear and make it a two axle. If you removed the rear axle you could make the box in the 18' - 22' range. That would be a great truck to start with and if all of the wiring is new, WOW. I know what I have spent (not just $$$ but a lot of time) just to clean up 30 years of wiring by people that should not have been allowed to buy electrical tape. That truck look good and I bet all the work is to the same standards. I will include a picture of my 359 and let you know that it is 19'4" back of cab to end of frame and the wheelbase is 243". If I was starting over I think I would catch a flight and take a look. Good luck Kenn
Attached Thumbnails
IM000942.jpg  
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #5

Wow, very nice truck indeed. Go for it #90.

Tags
peterbilt