Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #1

Comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-52-Class-8-Diesel-S...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I like the inside of the cockpit area with the tall ceiling shown here...

http://truckconversion.net/photopost...php?photo=1039

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:18 PM   #2

look at bill's page 82 top row right pic, that's my coach------ i understand why folks like to put a bunk over the cab------ i wanted to have the space to stand up from the drivers set and walk upright,--- no references intended, back to the coach portion and not have to stoop or crawl through the passthrough. IMHO only.-- as stated i do understand just didn't do it. been that way since 2003.---- mase

vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:46 PM   #3

NICE! Cutting the length of the coach section to about 1/2 its present length would make it right in my eyes, making it able to do a U-turn in less than a 1/4-mile radius....
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #4

What do you folks think of the raised rear bucket seat in the cockpit?

is the reason it's raised so the passenger can see forward of the person sitting in front?

wonder how that affects the ability to see out the side window?

wonder which is better? have an obstructed view forward but being able to see out the side window or have a raised bucket seat and to be able to see forward over the front bucket seat but can't see much out the side window...?

Mase,

I can't understand your directions to your pictures.

Is this your rig's interior here:

http://truckconversion.net/photopost/showphoto.php?phot...dium&cat=500&page=18

does the handrail to the side door fold down to become a floor when you are using the cabin area so you don't fall into the stairwell?

is your rig the one with the red and blue ribbons on the sides?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:16 AM   #5

yes, those are pics of our coach.--- the ribbons down the sides are red--for CHRIST'S blood that he shed for our sins, and the purple for his royalty as LORD. and yes the hand rail is a handicap stainless rail that is there for assistance up or down the steps. the step well cover is made of 3/4 ply wood with the same recycled oak flooring on it as the rest of the coach. we used 6" long brass door hinges so the whole thing is pretty sturdy.----- mase
Old 04-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #6

Hello Mase, That is a "VERY FINE LOOKING POWERHOUSE COACH" A few questions if you don't mind??

Belive I read "recycled floor" Does this refer to what seems to look like: Old Growth Random Width T&G That Might Have Come From A Old Barn Or House???????????????????

Are the kitchen cabnits custom or by a very high end mfg.???????????

Do you have photos of the front & sides???????

Who did the rear mural of our Savior????????????

Thanks, Marc
Old 04-18-2006, 06:40 PM   #7

thanks marc, yes that's old wood from a place in va.. let me know if you want more info on them, the cabinets are recycled wormy chestnut which is available only as recycled, but the reason is that it's pound for pound it's the strongest, lightest wood that i know of. the cabinets are built by a cabinet shop in madison va. 'bout a mile through the woods from where we used to live, lynch wood works, they do various stuff high and medium end. the photos are in bill's photos at page 82. yes, that's JESUS on the back,it's his coach, he said i could use it if i advertised for HIM. dave kronander aka "letterfly" who works out of lazydays in lakeland, florida did the mural. thanks for the kind words, it's all for HIS glory.---- mase
Old 04-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #8

oh, it's not a powerhouse---- sorry,--- it's a kingsley----- that's 'nother story. ---- mase
Old 04-20-2006, 05:03 PM   #9

Did you guys notice that the Powerhouse http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-52-Class-8-Diesel-S...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
pnly drew a $150,00 bid?
Chevy57PkUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:13 PM   #10

7 stairs to get in to that one, now thats ridiculous.... 52' where the hell can you go with that
Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #11

Watta DREADNAUGHT! Forget driving that monstrosity thru any major inner city; imagine doing a right turn from the right lane! YA CAN'T! No "FUN" element in this one.......

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote