Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   For Sale: Toterhomes, Motorhomes, HDT & MDT's (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f101/)
-   -   2013 Custom Built Toterhome on 2000 Freightliner Century Class chassis (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f101/2013-custom-built-toterhome-2000-freightliner-century-class-chassis-7250/)

joelmatt89 02-13-2014 08:48 PM

2013 Custom Built Toterhome on 2000 Freightliner Century Class chassis

4 Attachment(s)
2013 Custom Built Toterhome on 2000 Freightliner Century Class chassis

Links to additional pictures and a video (paste into url if not clickable):

Freightliner Toterhome by Freightliner_Toterhome | Photobucket

Freightliner_Toterhome's Library | Photobucket

Built on a 2000 Freightliner Century Class Chassis with a 240 Gallon Fuel Capacity (about a 2,400 mile range). This is a chassis that is currently selling for about $20-25,000 stock with similar mileage. Considering Freightliner sells more semi trucks than any company in the US this is a great chassis to own with an abundance of Freightliner parts houses and mechanics across the country offering very affordable parts and service.

N14 Cummins Engine (435 hp, 1,450 ft/lb torque) 679,134 miles with a 10 speed Eaton-Fuller manual transmission, clutch has less than 1,000 miles on it. This is highly regarded power train expected to run 1.2 million miles before requiring an overhaul.

Class 9 commercial dual air ride hitch 35,000 lb tow capacity, 3,500 tongue weight (msrp: $4500) more information can be found at this website: Receiver Hitch, Hitches | Trailer Hitch, Hitches

This is titled as an RV and as such no special licensing is required to drive it, all you need is your regular driver’s license. Insurance is about $750 a year with comprehensive coverage and road side assistance.

Sleeps 12 – six in the loft area, couches both convert to bed and can sleep two each, the dinette also converts to a bed for two. While on the road it also seats 12 comfortably (2 in the cab, 4 at the dinette, and 3 on each couch, with room to spare above if someone wants to nap)

Features:
-42” Samsung Plasma TV
-5.1 Panasonic surround sound system with 5 disk CD/DVD player, radio, and auxiliary Input
-In dash cd/dvd player with backup/rearview camera
-Fridge (with freezer)
-Stove/oven
-Onan 4.0 RV Genset generator
-100 foot shore power cord
-6 outlets (positioned by beds for phone charging convenience)
-120 volt inverter
-12 volt converter
-Surge protector
-Automatic power source switches (selects power source and protects from overloading)
-2 AC Units (16,000 btu’s total)
-Propane furnace (15,000 btu’s)
-Propane water heater (on demand)
-Toilet
-Shower
-20 gallon propane tank
-50 gallon water tank
-Integrated black/grey water tank
-50+ cubic feet of storage

As you can see from the pictures this is a completely custom built toterhome with a design like no other. The truck was purchased with the box in place in late 2012; the box was professionally built by a fabrication shop. The box is constructed of 2.5”x2.5” square steel tubing. The floor is on 1’ or less centers and the walls / roof are on 2’ centers. The box is lined with 2” foam insulation board. The interior was built over the course of a year (completed in late 2013) with about 2000 man hours invested. As you can see from the list of accessories it is very complete and offers all amenities expected in a modern RV and then some. My brother and I constructed the interior and went to great extents to ensure that every detail was built to last and can be easily maintained and serviced if needed. This truck gets 10 mpg cruising at 60mph on flat ground and can more or less tow whatever you want (35,000 lbs). The pictures speak for themselves to the build quality but what this truck really offers is versatility. You can take one or twelve friends with you comfortably. When you’re parked, or driving down the road, you have the ultimate man cave with the flat screen TV, surround sound system, and modern styling.

I know someone will ask the reason for selling and the short answer is my brother and I have no use for a rig this big. We purchased this to be a project and now that the project is complete and we have had our fun with it we have both agreed it is time to move onto the next project.

Interested buyers please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you have. I know every inch of the truck inside and out and am happy to answer what questions you have. Please send questions to jcurcio89@hotmail.com, I will reply with an answer and my phone number usually within 1 hour.

joelmatt89 02-16-2014 07:43 AM

I realized I forgot to add the price, we are asking $49,900 obo

TURNEROFFROAD 12-14-2014 06:35 PM

What's the overall length? I may have just missed it

Thanks

bushpilot 12-14-2014 10:56 PM

I see that you mention a 50 gallon water tank (is that fresh water?)
I see there's only one holding tank...how large ?
whats the condition of the tires (age?) ?

are there provisions to accept show power (how many amps) ?
is shore/city water possible ? (i didnt see any external connections for water)

is that 4k generator gasoline ? or diesel ?