Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-30-2006, 07:49 PM   #1

This ad has a lot of photos.

The passenger area in the tractor portion looks kind of cool. Overhead sleeper inside...looks like the side facing bench seats could also sleep one on each side...?

Why didn't they put a simple $1,000 rear bumper to protect against a multi thousand dollar repair if bumped...?

Comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-UNITED-RV-COACH-200...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:37 PM   #2

Really nice coach, I do like the interior.

But the color change from bright red on truck to totally white on box does not look good.

WalliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:15 AM   #3

That sure is an odd looking "200 gal water tank"

I don't like the entry to the RV from the sleeper. I assume one would have to bend down?

Too old for that.
I am curious about the connection between the sleeper and the rv....how much flexing would there be?

Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #4

Re the coach portion:

Is the condo style coach with an overhead sleeper and the two side facing bench seats, if desired, sort of the best way to go...?

As compared to a standard height coach with an overhead bunk that is part of and inside the cabin portion...? The condo version looks aero cleaner and easier to keep clean...

The coach part is sort of like a seperate room in itself with a seperate overhead bed...cool idea for lots of guests or kids who want some privacy...How long are the side facing bench seats...5' or so...? You could sleep one person on each bench seat also...

Is this a standard coach condo layout...? what other layouts are there...? Do they make a double overhead sleeper version...?

I saw a 2001 volvo condo tractor today that looked really nice because it was so clean and slick looking. Minimum things to clean...

Wick,

your coach interior looks really cool also. removing the overhead sleeper opens up the area and the coach and cabin become one unit... and if you put some hooks on the inside, you could run a removable canvas overhead cot supported by two level poles that could sleep more overhead if you needed more sleeping space...

did your coach ever have a overhead bunk...?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #5

Quote:
That sure is an odd looking "200 gal water tank" Wick
Don't worry.... Everything's cool, so long as you don't get wet near an open flame....
Wouldn't that be a hot item?
It would sure blow me away....
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #6

"......Oh Gary! you forgot your meds today didn't you!....Shame!- now be a good boy and take twice as many as you need today....sleep well!....and maybe we will hear from you tomarrow".......said the nurse as she slipped the needle with thorazine into the patients arm........[who else but geofkaye]
Old 02-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #7

What?!?!?!?!
I already took twice as much LAST time!
BUT I'm feeling MUCH better now......
Gary

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote