Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-28-2006, 07:40 PM   #1

1995 Freightliner FL20 auto 10 speed. 425 hp E CAT motor with 550,000 miles on motor and running gear (3000 since conversion). At the time of the conversion, new frame rails were put underneath stretching the original wheelbase 87". The overall coach length is 40'. All undercarriage was sandblasted primed and painted. After conversion box were added entire rig was undercoated from front to rear. Also as a note, when I laid out the truck my intentions were to use it year round. I went with double pane glass and high density foam insulation which will be a plus for cooling and heating (very efficient). The exterior fabrication is complete through paint and trim. Wheels and tires were new at time of conversion (no retreads).

Interior is 80% completed (plumbing and electrical to finish). Walking you from the front to the rear: front driver's compartment (flexsteel leather driver and pass seats) with sleeping bunk on top. Sitting area with matching leather couch and loveseat. L-shaped oak kitchen cabinets with side enterance. Setup as a walk through bath. Toilet and vanity on one side. Stand up shower on the opposite side. Master bedroom in the very back with a queen size cherry wood bed and drawer storage underneath on both side with a 6' ceiling. There is a loft above the main bedroom for additional sleeping (2-3 person). Subflooring is installed for wood flooring throughout the sitting area (flooring included; durarock exists in the kitchen and bath for tile.

The trailer is 102" with a 10'3" interior sidewall, beaver tail door with a 44" walkin side entrance door. Setup with airride. 4 out of the 8 tires are new. The trailer is skirted to match motorhome profile.

This package would be a very start for someone that wants to go racing, or to setup for vending, or just to haul toys. Asking price for both coach and trailer is $49,900. Will send detailed photos upon request. Contact Jim at 320 587-1114. Hutchinson, MN. Email address is forthe4boys@hotmail.com

Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #2

Hi,

I may be interested in this. I race dirt modifieds in WI and am looking for something about like what you described. Can you send me some pictures at brad.hoffman@excite.com?

Thanks,
Brad Hoffman

Allemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:28 AM   #3

The link below will take you to a site with all the photos of the truck and trailer. Let me know if you have questions after seeing them. Thanks, Jim 320 587-1114

http://community.webshots.com/user/djs7s
Old 09-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #4

Are you looking for any trades, a kidney, left nut. lol. That is a good deal, would you be willing to seperate I am really just interested in the Conversion, already have a trailer. Give me a price, and we will talk.

Kevin
westexgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #5

I am willing to sell just the truck for 39,900. Any further questions, let me know.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #6

I will give you $30,000 for the truck.

Kevin
westexgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:59 AM   #7

I have not had any serious lookers, winter is coming. I am a motivated seller. This is a very good start on a nice coach conversion, keep in mind all the grunt work has been done. Would consider possible trades. If sold before Jan 1, I am willing to sell the combination for $45,900.