Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-21-2003, 07:04 PM   #1

Well, I guess I may as well make it official now that I have some pix (please forgive the messy interior shots, we were mid load up to leave tomorrow am for a race this weekend).

The truck stays most weekdays in Canton, GA but we're on the road for the next 6 weeks so I may be near you if you're interested in seeing it.

Any questions not answered below please feel free to email me at wera@wera.com

It's a 29'Showhauler, if you go to this site - http://www.showhauler.com/cgi-bin/im....jpg&img=4&tt= (you'll have to cut and paste that last =) it's the exact same floorplan as the upper righthand drawing.

Here's the specs on the conversion part in no particular order - 200 gallons fresh water, 65 gal gray tank, 65 gallon black tank, 8kW water cooled diesel genset, has a 50amp marine plug on the rear of the RV to power a trailer, 50 amp power cord in it's own compartment, 2 - 13,500 A/C's with heatstrips ducted throughout the rv, also has a forced air propane furnace, 78" slide with a leather sofa bed (not a pullout, it folds flat and is extremely comfortable), bunk over the cab, dining table with cloth cushions that also folds into a bed, queen size (well, the rv version, slightly shorter than a home version but I'm 6'4" and my feet barely hang over), has a full size closet across the back of the rv in the bedroom with floor to ceiling mirrored doors (these are nice, they make it feel quite a bit larger), wall to wall carpet in living room and bedroom, vinyl floor in kitchen, has a puffy vinyl ceiling, upgraded walls (basically a nice vinyl coating, makes cleanup easy), dual-power refrigerator, propane stove and oven, microwave, coffee-pot (black & decker under counter style with timer - although it's actually not under the shelves it's in it's own slot in the pantry cupboard), 20" TV/VCR combo in the front, 13" in the bedroom, satellite ready with coax on the roof, I also ran another into the front passenger side lower compartment for a portable dish, has surround sound with sub-woofers in the couch, DVD player, I'll leave the satellite receiver and card in it (that way all you'd have to do is sign up for service - or bring a receiver from home which works very well), double sink, tremendous amounts of storage - Showhauler uses solid oak cabinets and puts them everywhere, all the trim work is solid oak, has day/night shades on all windows, 20' rollout A&E awning (gray stripes) with the aluminum cover when it's rolled up and an extra brace/leg for the center, ladder on the rear, slide out awning.

The truck portion is a 2001 Freightliner FL112 with a 430hp Caterpillar engine, 120 gallon fuel capacity, leather air ride seats (gray interior), XM/AM/FM/CD, Cbra 29ltd Nightvision (I think that's the name) CB, Wilson trucker 5000 antenna - the CB is in a custom made mount so it's above the windshield next to the radio, power windows and locks, tilt/telescope steering, Eaton 10spd auto-shift (great tranny), 34,000 miles, just had the oil changed and everything lubed at 30k, 4.33 rear end gears, 40k pound tag hitch, has the capability for adding the glad hands needed for air brakes on a trailer if ever necessary, currently ahs a standard 7 pin plug for lights etc., back up camera and color screen on the dash (a marriage saver when hooking up to a trailer), and last but not least – a Bigfoot hydraulic leveling system.

Basically it's a fantastic rig, we absolutely love it. I'm asking $120,000 firm, it's worth more than that but I don't see any need for dickering etc... (although it can be fun), I'd rather see someone else get into the rig for a great price and at the same time I can move it pretty quickly and start working on my next one. Why sell it if I like it that much you might ask? Basically it's because of a sponsorship deal that I have worked out with our dealer on the new rig.

There are interior and exterior shots at http://www.wera.com/graphics/showhauler basically everything beginning with "truck".

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing

WERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:22 AM   #2

Bump just cuz - it's still for sale and has been recently gone thorugh by Showhauler to fix some minor issues. Still a great truck and I'd like to sell it soon to get working on the next one before the race season starts...

Sean P. Clarke

Old 11-17-2003, 09:16 PM   #3

Just got back form Northern Indiana today. A guy named Terry Bortell has a garage motor home for sale... it's A Kenworth Truck and a Wabco box redone for his antique/one-off car hauling business...if you are interested send me an e-mail....I'll gather the info and send it along....geof-in Cincinnati-
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 07:26 AM   #4

Is this unit still for sale
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 01:34 PM   #5

Yes it is.

Sean P. Clarke
Old 09-14-2004, 01:22 PM   #6

Bump with a mileage update to 61k and a price drop to $112k. Also added a self aiming satellite dish... Pretty cool but not the in-motion variety althorugh it is in a dome and is upgradeable.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:03 PM   #7

how do i get in touch with you about your rig
mike santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 05:41 PM   #8

Click on wera name and choose his public profile. You will see an email address there to contact him
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #9

Mileage is only slightly higher now, upgraded the backup camera screen to a touch screen with more video and computer inputs. Price dropped to $108,000
Old 08-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #10

Is this unit still for sale???
scaryterry85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:59 PM   #11

....I know his E-mail changed, but to what, I don't know...good luck...geofkaye
Old 08-22-2005, 08:49 AM   #12

Yes it is - some minor changes have happened since the last pix were taken like removing the front carpet to install pergo style flooring (which isn't in yet) and some other minor things.

My email is the same - wera at wera dot com for more info.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:56 PM   #13

....Sean....I have been getting bounces[more than a dozen] FYI so I dropped your addy....geofkaye
Old 08-23-2005, 09:05 AM   #14

Hmmm, mailwasher must have thought you were a spammer, I'll check it out.