Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #1

I tried to copy pictures 21' Living quarters
if all else fails e-mail me direct at pc2006@bellsouth.net Craig Kaplenski

click for pictures and scrool down http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4562130923

craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #2

......Gary ATSMA.....here you go!....price is right and has an 8' ceiling....geofkaye

Old 08-01-2005, 09:56 PM   #3

OK, here goes-
basic truck-ok
use of orig. sleeper-ok
homemade(and looks it!)coach body- UUUUUUGLEEEEEEE!
Other than that I guess it's OK..........
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Atsma:
OK, here goes-
basic truck-ok
use of orig. sleeper-ok
homemade(and looks it!)coach body- UUUUUUGLEEEEEEE!
Other than that I guess it's OK..........
Gary
Home Depot special
-in the shop: Pete "38
spooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 06:33 PM   #5

I can guarantee one thing; using only materials bought at Home Depot, SOMEONE should be able to build something WAAAAY better looking than the example in question here. Rigs like this tend to make Home Depot look bad.......
Old 08-02-2005, 09:35 PM   #6

....more likely LOWE'S....I can tell because it makes you want to hold your heart to keep from laffin'/barfin'.....would be a HIT at BurningMan though.!.......geofkaye
Old 08-03-2005, 04:37 PM   #7

Yeah, I even printed a BIG photo of it to remind me how NOT to do my rig! I try not to look at it right after eating anything.....

Oh,and while I'm on the subject(well sorta...) what's with guys misspelling Peterb"U"ilt and Cummin"G"s? If they know of which they speak, they would have seen the name on the product itself, so there is NO excuse!
OK, I will now get off the soapbox, then crush and burn it. As you were.....
Old 08-03-2005, 09:32 PM   #8

.....my spellpecker gets jambed up on some names and does/doesnot change/give a hint/or even catch a lot of words......wish I had one built in.....on another issue: some of the most comfortable rigs I have ever been able to look at closely-seem to be where the owner "personalized" his rig to accomodate his life style....A guy I saw in Flordia had a big Pete box truck with a 10 speed and nothing else but his Kalifornia King sized bed and a small bathroom of sorts and all his tools in the back/AC-Heat was all electric he had no big water tanks and some kinda porta-potty that had a casssette that he took out and dumped where convenient....a small sink with a hand pump for water in a 5 gallon or so tank built under it kinda like a portable unite that are around portable toilets at race tracks[gray in color] and a freezer larger than mine to keep food in with a 3 inch spray foam insulation.....very comfortable for he and his patrol wife[COP] ....very homey and extreemly reasonable as is and was put together for $40K in the whole thing....Some just have a flair for developing a nest for themselves-comfort/convenient/reasonably priced/Plain and simple......geofkaye
Old 08-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #9

Hey Geof-
My harping on Peterbilt and Cummins misspells weren't aimed at you, just those others who oughtta know better.
I agree about putting into the rig only what one needs; matterafact, most of the floorplans I look at are those used for toters, that is, without a rear bedroom, as most sofas, like the Flexsteel "Magicbed" and "Easybed" are all the sleep space I need. All my camping needs would be satisfied within a 16'-18' box. Basically I gotta have a 3' x 3' shower and toilet, a microwave, fridge (electric ONLY, NO propane), some storage, and 2 center-facing sofas(fer socializin', ya unnerstan'). Oh yeah, and a GOOD A/C unit to maintain my ever-present cool!
OK, y'all know what I need, let's find it!
Gary
Old 08-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #10

....Too Bad you are not here-Could build that in a week or so depending on if the girls come to work and in what "mood"......today was a bitch[lost my bookworm bookeeper to college[nursing school]] New one starts this Friday and another new one for the weekends.....OY! LABOR PEOBLEMS HAPPEN WHEN THE UNEMPLOYMENT DROPS TO 5% FROM 7.5%....THEY ARE KILLLING ME!....Sorry for the shouting but turnovertime makes me crazier than normal.........Sounds an lot like my trailer though......geofkaye
Old 08-05-2005, 04:15 PM   #11

Re: Employees
Ain't perzakly gettin' the cream of the crop huh? Oh well, join the club.
Man, if I were closer to Ohio I would take you up on the offer! You probably do halfway decent work! Hey I'll git'er done one way or the other.......
Old 08-05-2005, 09:41 PM   #12

.....I have learned to buy the outside and do the inside to order....much cheaper than a factory and the comfort level is much better.....others have ideas of that they want that will make them comfortable and at what level of materials to use....the electric toilet is the best money I ever spent RV wist....empty the ash tray and forgetaboutit...Black water tanks and hept "C" is for others to deal with-not me. See too much in Hospitals around these parts lately.....nasty bug and perventable as hell......just common sanitation issues to be observed....geofkaye
Old 08-06-2005, 03:28 PM   #13

Exactly what I had in mind- get a van box(like Supreme) and then have someone do the inside. I doubt I'm blazing new trails here, but it WILL get me what I want.
It seems you're pretty stoked on the Incinolet(sp?); maybe gonna hafta do some research on that one. You make some good points about it. Catcha later.....
Gary
Old 08-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #14

.....I imagine for the right price a body builder/up lifter could make you just about what you'd want at a very reasonable price...maybe around <10K for everything......Supreme are good and sturdy and there are plenty others to choose from.....I was even told to get one knocked-down and delivered and build it myself as it was really easy to do if you had a high lift fork truck and 2 guys-by the shop crew at Ohio Truck.....those guys do it all the time. I can't remember the Co. that did the U-Haul Box trucks but it was a real deal....maybe $3k for an all aluminum-kinda smooth side.....and Penske has a deal with Trailwise for repair of their rental unites locallly-they are mostly FRP's...the rivets are no big deal-just a huge pop rivet gun at 150# of air pressure...geofkaye