Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #1

I was going to convert this into a motorhome but it is going to cause me problems storing it in the Minneapolis area so I'm going to keep using my pickup.

It is a 2001 Freightliner Century with a 70" condo and a Gen II Eaton Fuller Autoshift (shifter mounted on the steering column like a turn signal stalk, not the big old box mounted on the floor). It has a 430/470 hp Detroit Series 60 motor with two stage jake brake. The front tires are new, four of the back tires are new and the other four are 75%. Miles are 967,000. I had it dynoed before I bought it and it performed great. All of the fluids and filters were just changed (150 miles). It runs great and drives nice. I got 11.2 mpg (according to the trip computer) from Prior Lake, MN to Black River Falls, WI running empty. The autoshift is really cool (let out the clutch and it does all the shifting for you).

In case you're interested, we had planned to drop the front drive axle and stretch the frame five feet and build a 25' box mated to the cab. I have a fabricator willing to do this for $15k. This included stretching the frame, dropping the axle, new driveshaft, fabricating the box, mating it to the cab, and skinning it. I was supplying the doors and windows. So for just over $30k I would have a motorhome that looked finished on the outside. Then I'd just be left to do the carpentrywork on the inside.

I have pictures of the truck and pictures of what we had planned on turning it into if you're interested.

$15,700 for the truck.

Brad

952-807-8506

Allemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #2

would like to see pictures of the truck and what you had planned for it thanks

racerm@charter.net

racermpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #3

I too am interested in the truck. Please send pics to bp_56@yahoo.com

Thanks, Jeff
Weekend Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote