Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Classifieds > For Sale: Toterhomes, Motorhomes, HDT & MDT's
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-28-2005, 07:51 PM   #1

Looks like a metal fabricator got his hands on a truck and had an idea...sort of spacey modern looking.

Comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-European-Horsebox...tem#ebayphotohosting

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:08 PM   #2

We have two salters on those chassis's WHAT PIGS! Run loud, aren't exactly earnhardt material off the line ither

Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:48 AM   #3

Not much room for the cab to tilt!!! Must be like one of those throw away diesel engines,can't work on it!!! What do you do throw the whole thing away?? With the attic over the cab at least the seal won't leak. Maybe if it is sideways rain it might get a little slippery when wet.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:18 PM   #4

I didn't think about the cab tilting untill you mentioned it.

Do you think there's enough room for the cab to tilt or do you think the cabover conversion portion tilts upwards...?

Imagine driving down the road with 3 horses in back as company...you could talk to them as driving and throw your unwanted apple cores, carrots...over your shoulder and the horses would pick them up and eat them.

I'm a dog owner but enjoy the company of most animals, except the type that wants to scratch your eyes out or bite the jugular veins...
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Imagine driving down the road with 3 horses in back as company...you could talk to them as driving and throw your unwanted apple cores, carrots...over your shoulder and the horses would pick them up and eat them.
Now that is really funny... and just as I was thinking... "isn't that what I do with my 2 dogs (lab that eats ANYTHING and aussie who loves veggies)" I read your next line.

Actually, there are some nice HDT conversions with your standard living quarters with slides and so.. and in the back where you might have the garage you have your 2 horse stalls... of course if you want to transport 3 of them.. i guess you'r stuck with the Custom-European-Horsebox.
WalliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:58 PM   #6

As far as the cab tiltability, it LOOKS like there might be room, sorta like a cavity, under the bottom of the cabover "bunk". If not, get out the sawzall!
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 05:04 PM   #7

Hello Guys, I have one of these in my corral, and I am 99.99% positive it will not tilt. I am going to tilt mine in the morning and measure it up just for s**t & grins.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:39 PM   #8

Well there are a few interesting things about this fine European. (?French?) #1) Check out where the battery is sitting in picture #12 #2) The front seat in mine is a bench type this can be removed and there are some panels that can be removed to gain some access to the engine. #3) There is no way that the cab still tilts according to the way mine is set up. #4) I fiqure they have Draft Horses and a team hitch so they just hitch em-up and Wagon Ho
Old 11-30-2005, 06:50 PM   #9

This truck is of neither European nor French construction. It was designed by Ford of Europe as the Ford Cargo and was built there for many years, but this particular truck and many others like it were built for a time in Brazil before moving production to the U.S. for American consumption. They are indeed tilt-cab trucks, and that is the only way anyone can do full maintenance on them. I have a feeling there is some clearance on this particular example to tilt the cab, unless the builder was a total idiot and ignored this feature. It happens.....
Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 PM   #10

......that is what happens when a horse cow kicks youmore than 3 times in your life....I'm on #1 myself-might be old but I learn by my mistakes.....next time the horse gets a .40 in the head and gets to be dog food by the end of the day....providing I can stand up and pull the trigger for 5 seconds......geofkaye
Old 12-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #11

At least a cow can pay for herself. There is a saying among dairymen concerning this: "A lot of cows have paid for a few horses, but very few horses have ever paid for ANY cows"
Old 12-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #12

Hi Gary, I know what kind of truck it is, I did not mean to insult you if you are French or YOUR A PEEIN. (LOL) I think Fright-Liner/Mercy-Bends had a rebirth of this not long ago.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #13

Naw, man, just thought I would have a little informative fun with y'all! Actually I am of Dutch descent, and just happened to know the history of the Ford Cargo (a good truck when first sold in the early eighties, but is now hopelessly long in the tooth. Freightliner could have done much better to have buried it when it took over the Ford MD-HD truck line). NO offense taken, as I too am careful about who to joke with. Some times it does not bode well to engage in a battle of wits with the potentially unarmed.
Carry on!
Gary
Old 12-01-2005, 09:26 PM   #14

Well I'm glad You can take some b*ll brea**n, I am very surprised at the guys that are so serious and intense. I think a place like this with all of us sharing the same type interests is good. It least it keeps my wife happy and I am not shovin $10.00 bills in some dancers G string in some t**ty bar.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #15

........ah....$10's......only $10's?....you get off cheap! I rent or lease them and rite it off as a employee business expense-independent contractors..."adminerstrative assistants".....works for me!....nice thing about owning several business'....Everything comes off the top.....geofkaye
Old 12-02-2005, 04:35 AM   #16

Mornin Kaye, Yeah they are cheap you have to see how UGLY they are, I can't go into the fancy high falootin nice places anymore because I'm savin up for a new tote. At least I have my prioraties in the right place,The last tim I looked anyway.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:19 AM   #17

ok, so rather than guess if this thing can be serviced properly, I decided to go to the horse's mouth (sorry couldn't resist).

I asked the seller if the cab still tilted up, here is his response:

'The cab no longer tilts up. I made the center section of the floor
removable so that you can access from inside the cab; and also
there is space for a removable section in the accomodation to
gain more access. Between those two openings you can
complete all routine service issues; anything major would
require the engine being dropped out from the chassis of the
vehicle.
'

Not what I think of as user friendly.

Mike
Oakland Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:55 PM   #18

Good Goin Mike, Was it the real Horse's mouth,Like Mr.ED?? Buy the way everybody here is some info regarding Mr.ED THEY MADE HIS MOUTH MOVE BY INSERTING GLASS CHIPS IN HIS GUMS!That S**KS