Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   For Sale: Toterhomes, Motorhomes, HDT & MDT's (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f101/)
-   -   1988 Kodiak conversion (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f101/1988-kodiak-conversion-4431/)

MAC Racing 06-13-2010 12:25 PM

I am selling my 1988 conversion. $40000.00 OBO I Purchased the motor home in 2004.

Over all length 34 feet, queen size bed in the cab over, twin bed in the back next to the bath room and both couches are jack knife sofas. The bath room has a full size corner shower, vanity and sink with extra counter top room, medicine cabinet with mirror. Full kitchen with a double bowl stainless sink, refrigerator and freezer that runs on electricity and propane. 4 burner stove and oven, over stove vent and light, microwave. Approximately 80 gallons of fresh water, on demand water pump. 5 gallon gas hot water heater. Large black and grey tanks with separate drain valves. The flat screen TV is mounted on a swing arm between the couches and the over cab queen bed in front of the living space. The over cab bed has a cut out to make getting in and out of the cab easier.

The roof air and a gas furnace controlled by a wall mounted thermostat. 2000 watt Xantrex inverter and charger. The propane tanks are stored in the forward compartment passenger side and are grill tanks so they can be changed and replaced very easy and most anywhere. There are hook ups for two tanks and room for a third although I have never went through more than two tanks on a trip even when running the furnace.

The truck is powered by a cat diesel motor and has a fuller 13 speed over under transmission. Air brakes and there are attachments on the air tank for an air hose to run air tools or fill tires.
I have upgraded the electronics to include the inverter and three 12 volt deep cycle batteries. There is a 30 amp shore power cord and a cable TV hook up. The entire rig can be run on shore power or hooked to a generator, a 3000 watt honda quiet generator will run the entire coach.

I have driven the motor home pulling my 12000 pound trailer all over the mid-west and east coast. I have have not had any major issues i have replaced the clutch, front tires, motor mounts, air system valves and some hoses and belts. The service has been done by House truck repair in Rock Falls and they change all the fluids at the start of each season and check the motor home over. Any items in need of attention get fixed or replaced.

I have down graded to a smaller and lighter trailer so I don’t need the pulling power of the Kodiak. I have switched to a diesel pusher and its time to sell the Kodiak. There are no mechanical issues I know of. The outside is in need of some touch up. The under storage bays have some surface rust in a few places. The metal is solid and will be an easy fix. The hood also needs to be repainted. Inside the cab head liner was removed when the front was redone in 2007 and needs to be re-installed. The rear was gutted and all the floors, walls and ceiling were replaced. The walls did not glue well and over the past winters have swelled, and buckled away from the walls. They don’t look terrible but not perfect either. The air conditioner was removed and re-sealed last year. I encourage you to come and see it or send some one local to come see it to decide if this is what you are looking for.

I would not hesitate to pull a trailer and drive this across the country. With that being said please realize this is a 1988 motor home. It is not a quarter million dollar truck conversion. If you are looking for a entry level motor home able to pull most any tag trailer, give you a nice place to be while at the track and not break the bank then this is it. Contact MACRacing24@yahoo.com

There are 150 pictures at Photobucket . https://s375.photobucket.com/al...97/MACRacing/Kodiak/

MAC Racing 07-13-2010 05:57 AM

Only limited interest so far, so I am going to reduce the price hopefully to sell it quickly. $30.000.

Mat