View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 07:43 AM   #1
guydrevlow

Default My build finally starts!

Last year I purchased a 2008 Freightliner M2 with 219000 miles. It was a retired propane truck that came with the tank from the company that I work for. I have always wanted to make a puller/toter for pulling our 40ft horse trailer and hay trailers. I took the tank off the truck and put that on the ground so that I can hook it to my house and garage for propane storage.

I was going to use a used cargo van for the living area of the toter but after I purchased one I figured it would be more work in time and money to convert so I started looking for a skid style fish house to use. I purchased a Polar Fox fish house with out the skids and waited for the arrival.

Over the winter, I started to gathering parts and pieces. I purchased a used 4k Onan genset that needed a deep cleaning badly. I tore it down and converted it to propane and did a deep clean and it runs like a champ! I found it and most of my other camper parts from a salvager about 3 hours from home so it was easy to collect the items.

The fish house arrives finally and it is perfect! Not a stud in the wall and the walls are 2 inch foam with fiberglass on both inside and outside wall. the floor and ceiling are also the same way. The whole shell is framed with aluminum along with the base below the floor. It can be washed out with a pressure washer if needed. It is awesome! We placed rails on the frame and welded the base to them in a few hours of work and then I am off to the races to finish the toter!

This week, I added the pass through from the cab to living area and installed the seal. I gutted the cab to make the whole and fix the head liner so I plan to re-install all the parts and pieces and add the air ride refurbished seats. (It came with only drivers air seat and fixed pass seat).

I have added photos of the build so far and will keep updating as I go!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4298.jpg   IMG_4561.jpg   IMG_5297.jpg   IMG_5664.jpg   IMG_5668.jpg  

guydrevlow is offline   Reply With Quote