View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #7
Nwcid

I am not doing a TC. I am using an HDT to pull a custom built, mostly by me, toy hauler built on a semi trailer frame with a trailer length of approximately 45'.

Right now a likely truck candidate is a Volvo 630 mid-roof since in my state you have to be able to meet the requirements for an RV to be able to license it for non-commercial use. A "condo" sleeper would not get much use.

Spacecraft are nice, but I do not have that kind of budget. Their starting price is at least 2x my budget.

I get 8.8 right now pulling. I know it can get worse, but it should be close to the same.

I did say holding and waste tanks so the waste waste would go into that. Right now I have 120 gallons of fresh water and that lasts about a week, we would like too be able to boondock for approximately 2 weeks at a time. The only time I have a problem with water getting "funky" is if it sits for about week. If we are not using the trailer for more then a week we drain it, every time. Yes, it would all be potable, if not I would just drop my portable pump in a creek.

Ground clearance is an issue which is why I am mostly leaning toward a regular van or flatbed for a base vs a step deck or moving van style. Also it is not so much "ground clearance" as the clearance over a span like into a "parking lot" with large drop or rise.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote