View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 11:11 AM   #1
Nwcid

Default Heavy duty trailer

I realize this is not a very busy forum, but I am looking at getting a HDT and then building a HD Trailer (RV) to go with it. I am hoping to have the HDT sometime in the next year. I will then spend the next 3-5 building out the trailer.

I have not decided what style of trailer I am going to use for a base yet, but I am shooting to be 43-45' when I am done. I might start with a flat deck, Van or even a chip trailer (I am worried about the low belly). Regardless, these should all have the same or similar tandem axels with dual wheels and similar capacity.

My question is basically 2 fold. How "rigid" are these kind of trailers? I know in campers and even large 5th wheels if someone is moving on one end, you can feel it at the other.

I did have a 38' car hauler at one time. The front had large 4" square landing gear and 3, 6k axels in the back. While you could feel someone moving around in the back, it was not bad. However we rarely had people in the front and back at the same time.

My current trailer has a 6 point auto leveling system, do they make something for ~30k lb units? Am I better off just going with hydraulic front landing gear and manual drop legs for mid/rear? Do I have other options?
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote