View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 05:35 PM   #6
xyobgyn

Default Success in Illinois

Well, after waiting several months and rejecting my application due to a wrong amount on the check.... I resubmitted the application along with several photos of my conversion, ones that went beyond the requested sides, front and rear. I showed the pass through, the HVAC and the generator, and cooking station and Fridge in the photos along with made up bed in the attic.

I got a new title which said Motorhome in the mail last week, and a few days later new plates with a sticker good till 12/2020 and with RV on the plates.

Farmer's would not insure as an RV since it wasn't a factory conversion. It would have needed to say Winnabago or Renegade or something with a model number to be insured by them, or their three subsidiaries.

Progressive did issue me a policy. I will have to shop around as I'm not convinced it was the "best" deal out there, but I'll print up the terms of my policy and make some calls later. I needed something for the RV, this is better than nothing, and its for an RV, not a truck as the old policy stated. Don't want to tempt fate.

Interestingly I never had to arrange for an inspection in person. Not sure why.

YMMV
xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote