View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 07:53 PM   #46
xyobgyn

Default Update.

Sent in my app to the state with a check last November. I included several photos of the truck, sides, rear, front and even though not required, I sent in photos with the conversion as it sits, ie, pass through is done, generator installed, and the space heater is there. I set up an inflatable mattress and pillow and quilt in the attic space over the cab, as well as put up some plain white paneling along with a visible fridge, and the gas range installed in a cabinet. There is a ladder to get to the bed on the attic, and still, a rough unfinished ceiling, and plain truck wood floor. I hoped to get an appointment for the state police to do a hands on inspection so I could apply for the title, then get plates showing its an RV.

Mid Feb I got my app rejected. Check was the wrong amount. Much to my surprise, Friday, a new title for my truck arrived in the mail, showing Motorhome on it. (yea!). I went to the DMV Saturday to apply for plates. Due to the Pandemic, and IL closing down, the DMV had closed already.

Today in the mail... Plates and a sticker! Whoopie!

In the meantime. Bad news. The manufacturer put the wrong data plate on my lift gate, I have only the 3300 model after all. Its literally mislabeled from the factory. This was found out after ordering parts to service it that didn't fit.

A local shop has told me they can rebuild it to lift 10,000 lb at 3 feet, this will suffice for a dead lift. Waiting to see if they can work through this pandemic.

Second good news, found an aluminum 4 post lift with 10 foot platform take-out from a stacker. This will be installed with a reinforced floor in my truck to serve as a way of accessing overhead storage, and allowing me to use all the space over a car. So many options, and it weighs perhaps 500 lb only vs 1500 for steel versions. Best of all used, and way less than a new stinger that would weigh more anyway.

I will post photos soon of the finished rear seat project, I sprung to re-size the second seat, it all matches now and looks great.
xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote