Thread: LED Headlights
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 07:00 AM   #37
petrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjohn View Post
Very nice.Looks like OEM lights. Maybe you would consider sharing the workup with other Coronado owners.
This is the write up I posted on the truck forum:

i bought two new freight liner headlight assemblies and a set of Jeep headlight retaining rings and set them aside. Then I removed the factory headlights from the truck , carefully cut away the lenses, right in the seam between the clear lense and the black housing.

Then I removed the bulb mounting hardware from the back of the headlight and retained the screws. I then cut away the back of the headlight as pictured in my thread.

Once the housing has been trimmed up and cleaned up, you must very carefully mark it for the replacement headlight positioning tabs. Once you are satisfied with the alignment you can notch the housing to receive the new light alignment tabs. Do this in stages, the tighter the fit the better.

Once the new light housing is fitted to the custom cut light bucket, you can fit the retaining rings. The tabs on them must be bent flat, so you can use the screws you saved from the bulb mounts to secure the rings. It really helps to have someone press the retaining ring down onto the housing, while you mark the holes. That way, the new light will be held in the bucket very snugly.

Once assembled, they go right back in the truck as before. Remember to use blue loctite on the bezel screws, and don’t overtighten them. Then install your custom wiring harness.
petrel is offline   Reply With Quote