View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 12:26 PM   #4
hoodoo valley

Hey Bushpilot!

I actually intent to live in it eventually on shore power and sewer hook up. Otherwise, it's largely going to be setting in the yard, hooked up to power for heat and air conditioning, but not hooked up to water / sewer. I do however eventually want that capability to rough it, and on the subject of roughing it, I grew up hauling water and using an outhouse so conserving is in my bones, even though we've had the well we now have, since I was 14 years old. Huge on conservation of water and power, having not had electricity until I was 16 here at my house. Water under the beds is a good idea. I always worry, about heat tapes, and heating pads and anything that generates heat, as a fire danger, especially when it can't be inspected in small spaces..... Been through, and seen too many fires here in cold country to feel comfortable with it. One thought I had was doing the tanks underneath in a separate enclosure, then circulating air from the living space, but still on the fence. I still have a long way until I have to make a decision, so no worries yet, but I do ultimately need a solution.
hoodoo valley is offline   Reply With Quote