View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #71
hoodoo valley

No, I thought you were talking about working on your cabinets in de nude! I've done a few things that way including cleaning the house, washing dishes etc. My wife is disabled so I have to do all that.

Make no mistake about it, I would have used the composite if I could have afforded it. At the time, I was on a real budget (my truck is a Budget rental) or should I say, just about zero budget. I revamped the wood the best I could, using the polyester body filler in all the gouges and cracks, and plate jointed a piece of trex decking over where the one wheel well is (There is no hump, the floor is flat) to address a bit of slight rot. I'll probably undercoat the bottom side even though the wood has been clear coated, and I sealed the wood to steel frame portions. The undercoat will be next year though.

Now, I know this is going to sound silly, but when I was a youngster (say 9 years old) I wanted to be a train engineer. The train always would stop on the siding at the end of my driveway, to wait for another to pass, and like any pesky kid back then (we're talking 1970's and I miss those times!) I would walk out and badger the crew!. I was invited up into the cab and sit in the drivers seat several times. I absolutely loved sitting up there with that view! Standing in the back of my truck, some 4 plus feet off the ground, kind of gave me that same sense, and so I wanted to kind of showcase it, by adding a visor out my back window. This truck is going to be my sanctuary!
hoodoo valley is offline   Reply With Quote