Thread: Frankenstein
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 01:05 PM   #31
Weldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodoo valley View Post
Lucky dog! I sure can't wait to start in on my cabinets. I've built so many cabinets for other people, and for the first time, this Winter, I'll be doing it for me!

On my airstream, the entire inside was aluminum except the ends, which were fiberglass. Might be a long shot, but you might consider using some sort of thermal set plastic and a heat gun with a radius form, for the inside corners. I've dabbled in that a bit. It'll be fun, whatever you do!

I noticed we have emoticons now!
Actually it was fiberglass that followed the contours and I’m trying to stay away from plastic, I want something that will absorb sound and is forgiving to vibrations on the road. Noticed with fiberglass it ripped the holes cause it was too stiff and popped rivets thus ended up with sagging ceiling, plus I could smell the fiberglass when it started getting warm. I can smell very well from having reactive airway disease from war so if it’s in this camper it’s going to have to pass stringent air quality test, hence the PL construction adhesive is certified by Greenhouse to be safe along with other products I use. Thought about 1/8 inch wood paneling or use a tongue and groove thin board to follow it up.
Or I could play with wood tambour
https://www.tapeease.com//solid.htm
Weldman is offline   Reply With Quote