View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #54
hoodoo valley

I had thought about insulating underneath to gain more height, but decided against it. I'll have 7 feet of ceiling after insulation. Enough to keep me from hitting my head!

This is a unique build. I started out just intending to build a tiny house, then slowly started morphing towards off grid if need be, at least keep that option in sight. The forward portion is going to sort off serve as storage / living space whereas the rear section is going to be primarily living with a shower and toilet. Was at first going to do a regular set up for tapping into shore power / septic, now re thinking that, with the possibility of having a black water tank and letting gray water pour on the ground. Did the gray water thing for years and years on my home. I really love soft intricate lighting and so for my lights I was intending using the lights shown here on dimmers to illuminate the floors, then possibly overhead lights build into chases along the exterior walls. I was contemplating using solid wire as in direct burial of the proper gauge, but still always eager to learn better ways..... should I be looking at strand wire? I have rolls of it from projects. My water lines are going to be copper because I hate Pex even though I know it's better. I've installed a crap ton of both, but I much prfer the neatness of sweated copper! The plumbing is designed in my build to be the absolute minimum, so everything is going to be grouped together fairly tight.
hoodoo valley is offline   Reply With Quote