View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 12:21 PM   #14
petrel

Ok, so the big Michelin dealer I was holding out for said that the tires he was able to get had a '14 date code! I think he just did not want to attempt a re-order.

Since I have a trip coming up next week, I decided to move forward with the '17 tires. When mounting the new tires, the dealer found that the original steers had what they described as "balancing powder" in them, in addition to normally installed wheel weights.

I asked them why there would be both and the dealer said that sometimes the balancing powder clumps and perhaps the previous owner attempted to correct the issue by having them balanced traditionally.

Well, I thought the Coronado was smooth before. The new steers have made it into a new truck! Interstate traffic was a little heavy today, but I managed to get up to 75mph, and it was smoother than I ever recall. I drove a new Western Star/Renegade last month and it was as smooth or smoother than that!

I'm guessing that my steer tires have never been(since we've owned the rig) as good as they could be, but I just didn't know any better. Hope they stay this smooth!
petrel is offline   Reply With Quote