View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 04:53 AM   #2
Proteus

I do agree with most you point out.

Indeed, to avoid moisture inside the box, you have to have a permanent ventilation, the bigger the better, and get used to those cold air flows getting in.

This permanent ventilation may not be closed, it always has to remain open, even when cold outside.

A lower and a higher ventilation is needed, and they should be put on opposite sides (i.e. the lower on the right wall, the higher on the roof or on the left wall) to be sure air flows easily inside the box.

Electricity can be kept to a minimum, do we have to have an A/C installation or a 180 litres compression fridge/freezer? Led lights are sufficient to light the entire inside of the RV, it uses only a 1/10 of bulb lights.

I do not agree with what follows:

- windows : look at the picture, my truck near the sea, windows let you see what happens outside and you may enjoy the view.

- shower : a 7 litres (2 gallons) water pump is more than enough to get a comfy shower. Using a thermostatic tap makes you economize a lot of water. The water heater (instant gas, electric, whatever) has to be near the taps, and not a 15 feet away, as I already have seen it. It means either that the kitchen sink has to be near the bathroom.

- windmills and tesla batteries are extremely expensive to some, solar panels get cheaper with the years.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0462.jpg   DSC_0068.jpg  
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote