Thread: LED Headlights
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 06:54 AM   #20
petrel

I thought the stock Grote headlights were flimsy, until I started cutting on them! I destroyed every bit in a new Dremel set to get these things cut apart and fitted! I don't know what type of plastic those things are, but they easily stand up to hammer blows and cut off wheels!

Since they are so damned tough I decided to use them as brackets for the new lights. They seem to have worked out, and the mounts are rock solid.

I have made arrangements with my local Freightliner dealer to check the headlight alignment with the alignment device in their inspection bay. Hopefully the stock brackets will adjust to aim the LEDs properly, otherwise it will be back to the drawing board! I don't want to be the guy blinding everyone!

I've attached the before and after photo for one side. I've also attached a photo of the completed(hopefully) project. Parts: Freightliner headlight bezels, Grote DRL/turn fixtures , JDM Led Switchback DRL/turn bulbs, JW Speaker 8700 headlights with no halo and "all on" high beam feature.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2360.jpg   IMG_2364.jpg   IMG_2363.jpg  
petrel is offline   Reply With Quote