View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #24
Bottomland4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
That maybe should have been your first question instead of a side note? I know they tow some pretty big stackers with those rigs. Should be a data tag on the truck with the gcvw, and I would think the mfg would be able to tell you what they rate the hitch at.

Good theory on the raised bumper pull hitch. A gooseneck trailer is just a bumper pull with the hitch up high. Really nice job building the hitch. Nice piece. My only question is should the chains go to something other than the hitch itself? Like to the chassis? Right now they would do the job if the ball failed, but if anything else broke the chains wouldn't do anything.
I will have to look for the data tag, I have noticed some dealers rate the same hitch 40,000 and some are 30,000. I only pull around 18-20k so I should be ok.

The safety chains are hooked to the hitch, it would take some really long chains to hook on the main hitch. I think they will be ok. My hitch uses both pins in the insert, most of the stacker hitches only use one!