View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 05:34 AM   #3
xyobgyn

Default Car Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
How tall is the car? Can you build the living quarters with a short (in height that is) bedroom above the car?
The additional space that could be gained by building over the car is a very good consideration. The car will almost certainly have to sit up on the internal ramps an additional 12 to 18 inches. This means I'd have about 4 feet to the ceiling if I had a platform over it.

There is a consideration I can't quite wrap my head around, which is that I generally bring a tool box that is fairly large and on wheels to the track. Its about 4 feet long, 4 feet tall, and 2 feet deep. Approximately.

There is a part of me that is seriously temped to put in a 4 post lift that would serve similarly to a "stacker" platform. It would have to sturdy as heck if I were to put the tool box up there, or consider bringing a golf cart too, or whatever.

In theory, if it were done properly, spare mounted tires, even the tool box could go up there. It could even be two sided, with the side facing the front being used as a second bed, or cabinets facing the LQ.

If I were to build a more permanent partition to the back, it really has to be an unusual design, probably with access to strap down the car from within the LQ. (hard to imagine), and it really makes the tool box hard to bring on board.

The 9 foot ceiling is a super excellent feature of this truck, and it opens up the possibility for creative builds.
xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote