Views:	9
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	2685

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2274.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	2686

Photos might help but here is what I have. Batteries disconnected with "store/use" switch which must be the battery disconnect solenoid control. 12.7 v at 4 bank of batteries(?house?) and 13.9 at 3 bank(chassis?). 10.8 v at overhead light fixtures with battery disconnect switch in "use" position. 0(dead) volts switch in store(off) position. Lights dim a lot when the slide motor or any additional light is activated and battery status panel drops one bar when lights are on. As mentioned earlier, "engine" cable which must be the starter cable(largest of all cables except for matching ground) is connected to the bank of 4 which I think must be house and the leads from the charger/inverter are running to the three(chassis) batteries. AND, a ground cable is connected from 3 bank over to bank of 4 batteries. Thought the two sets of batteries were supposed to be isolated? No voltage is getting to the house system from the inverter/charger because it is not connected to the house batteries. This wiring makes no sense to me and can not be correct but I am no RV electrician for sure. You two obviously know a hell of a lot more about this than I do but the batteries just must not be connected properly. Another thing, the engine does not spin over quickly with first crank revolution but starts immediately after that. Is that just the big ass 14L Detroit 60s way of turning over?
Man, I have a lot to learn about this beast! I sure do appreciate your help. I did not have a bunch of time looking at the batteries because the damn mosquitoes here are terrible. I live in a reclaimed swamp South of Thibodaux, La. A VERY inhospitable place to live if you do not like heat and humidity! But a great place in every other way.
ItalGerBrit is offline   Reply With Quote