View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 09:23 PM   #8
Doug Ambrisko

I used al. angle to mount the spin mounts to and then mounted the angle to the box;s frame rail that sits on the truck's frame rail behind the tank. I figure if I make a mess changing the filter or dumping the water I don't care there. I have long arms so I can reach them okay. It was a challenge to find the spin on mounts. It seems most dealers don't carry them. I guess they figure them come stock on their trucks. I got a couple at a generic truck parts place.

I mounted them near the tank since that is were the lines for the accessories are so it was easy to tap into them. There are a bunch of lines in the picture since there are 2 return lines as well.

Cummins/Onan requires the water separator for B20 warranty support. I think they wanted a 30 micron filter. I tried to order the Onan version but that was hard to find so I went generic. In general I try to avoid B20. Fortunately the CFN station that I fill up by our house is straight diesel. It seem all the truck stops in California are B20 now.
Attached Thumbnails
filter.jpg  
Doug Ambrisko is offline   Reply With Quote