View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #78
ItalGerBrit

Default Elite trans problem update

2nd FL dealership(and I) gave up on figuring out the autoshift problem after Eaton had no ideas about it other than installing a new XYshifter and TCU and they were not certain if that would fix it so I bailed and plan on converting it to a 10 or 13 speed three pedal manual. The cost of unknown TCU repair outcome and certain manual outcome costs are about the same. However, after driving it a few times for an hour or so it only occasionally reshifts into 10th so I can live with that for now.

Another problem which might be related to the trans elec problem. The battery wiring seems to be wrong as the heavy starter pos lead is connected to the 4 house batteries located inboard in the battery bay. The three outboard batteries(for the engine I think) have the jumper cable leads running to them so it seems like the engine starter lead would be connected to that bank of batteries.
I also have only 9volts at the indoor lights and slide so something is crossed up it seems.

Does anyone have a schematic of basic engine/house battery connections? All the wiring seems new with fresh labels so I suspect the wiring has gotten crossed up but cannot find any schematics other than very basic stuff.
ItalGerBrit is offline   Reply With Quote