View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 11:57 AM   #77
ItalGerBrit

Default Trouble within 1 hour

Picked up the 2005 Elite RV with Detroit 60 series and Eaton 10 speed and right away had trouble with the trans shifting out and back into 10th gear. Traded a conventional RV for this Freightliner RV and knew absolutely nothing about it. After an hour or so it flashed F-10-F-10 and locked into 10th when I pulled over. No response to shifting into N etc. It is an auto/Man shift with paddle on the steering column. Shut down and restarted and the dash went nuts with flashing warn lights. Disconnected all the neg battery leads to kill all power(former owner's advice) hoping it would set the PCU/TCU and it worked. Fired up and shifted fine for several minutes and then the entire failure sequence happened three more times. Eventually tried using the manual mode and it seemed to work. I limped into a Freightliner shop and dropped it off. Just weeks ago the same problem was "fixed" by another Freightliner dealer so the repairs are under warranty. By the way, the dealer I bought the RV from was extremely helpful as was the Freightliner service center and the former owner so I am not upset about the unfortunate and very stressful first two days in the Freightliner. Learned a Hell of a lot very fast. So, anyone ever had a similar problem with their trans? Sure would like some more info.
ItalGerBrit is offline   Reply With Quote