View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
Yotacrawler

Default Researching the purchase of a Toter

Good morning folks,

I'm a newb to the world of Toters. I don't have one yet and i know that there are numerous reason to justify getting one and so far the only cons that I've come up with is the cost of the Toter as well as the repairs maintenance. Which is the norm for any vehicle/house really. I'm interested in getting one so i'm trying to weight my options and all the factors before i commit to a purchase. I know there are a lot of things to watch out for and so i'd love to hear what ya'll have to say. This is especially important to me since there are not many in my area and i'll most likely have to travel out of state to get one.

Currently i have a Ram 3500 dually that i use to drag around my 42' dual tandem axle gooseneck on wheeling trips. I will haul either 2 or 3 rigs (depending on the length of the rigs) to go wheeling and usually we split the fuel costs to help. During summer months we typically stay in a hotel and eat in town while out on these trips. That definitely adds a lot of costs to each trip and is the main justification on getting a Toter. This will be 100% private "RV" use since we don't wheel for money or anything, just for fun. We usally end up having to spend a good bit of money for the trips since we wheel hard and things do often break. haha

I've been doing some research already but i know there is lots of information out there and i don't know, what i don't know.

What i'm thinking as far as options/features (and by all means, please offer any suggestions/opinions on the matter):

-Used Toterhome that would ideally have enough room to sleep 6.
-Full manual (but i've been reading some discussion on the fact that the fully automated manuals aren't as bad as i had initially expected/read). Just mainly want the most reliability on the road.
-Thinking single screw at the moment but it all depends on the options out there.
-Depnding on the cost, may look at trading in my dually since this would then be the tow rig.
-I'm not concerned about fancy features or things. So, i'm looking at ones under 80k.

Thank you in advance and i look forward to the discussion and learning as much as i can.
Yotacrawler is offline   Reply With Quote