View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
Ttnj

Default 45' moving van conversion

GREAT site with Tons of information!!! I could, and have, spent hours searching different threads for useful information and will continue to do so.
Like many of you I have always wanted to own my semi truck and am so consumed that I can name the brand of oncoming truck from a long distance, almost turning it into a game i play by myself when traveling, and I am in sales and drive 40,000 miles a year. My wife and also love camping and have a 31' Winnebago we take to the lake and horseshoes but there has always been something missing.
Ten years ago we bought a 1989 International 9307 and an older drop van trailer, cut some windows and doors in the trailer and had one heck of a horse hauler for 1/10 the cost of a dually and goose neck horse trailer would cost, but we never got around to putting an interior in it and the kids came along so at a time when we needed the money we sold it, not losing a single $ I might add.
Rules and regulations were different back then and I am still not sure what the best options are for me or the setup yet but we will figure that out when the time comes, right now we are still building.
So what I have is 1987 White with a Mack engine it, don't know much about it and this point other than its a mechanical motor. Plan on cleaning it up and painting it flat black with dual chrome exhaust. Bought it sight unseen aside from pictures for $3K. Have it home now, a $450 tow bill since I didn't want to the chance of driving it until I know what condition it is. It starts, stays running, shifts into reverse and at least the first 3 years, it has an Eaton 9 speed.
The trailer is a an old 1988 a mayflower drop deck moving van. Paid $3500 for it. Back 16' will be horse stalls and the remainder living quarters, for me, the wife, and two boys under the age of 8. Front section will be living room and use the hard wood floor already in the trailer, kitchen is next and then the bathroom leading back to the horse stalls. Bedrooms will be two lofts.
Here are a few photos of what I am been able to get done in just a few short weeks.....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Ttnj is offline   Reply With Quote