View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #7
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh fish View Post
yes , I agree with you totally bushpilot this state is ridiculous when it comes to taxes and fees. I have searched the MVA website and from what I see they don't give a specific requirement one what would classify as an "RV" all they mention is having the proper class license which I have. Your suggestion has crossed my mind, since I remember back in the day all the trailers I worked on were registered in Maine because it was so much easier and cheaper.
MOST states have laws to make this tax credit (I refuse to use the term loop-hole) illegal in their state - i.e. "If the vehicle is parked a majority of time in their state that you need register it in their state.

Many states even specify if the vehicle is parked in their state or even county then you have to register it in that location - theyve made a MINT off of parents (and students) who have a car at some college or university where they attend or have children that attend.

I know Virginia (especially Fairfax, where we used to live) would patrol communities looking for cars w/ out of state tags or in state tags that were missing their county stickers.

Could be a good excuse to park the coach in an enclosed storage (helps to increase security & value/condition).
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote