View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 12:27 PM   #24
Java230

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
Your math is a little off on the propane consumption. You are correct at 21600 btu per pound, which means your unit will burn about 2.8# of propane per hour. So a ten minute shower (if you had one) would use about a half pound of propane. Keep in mind that large a burner should really be on a larger tank like a 30# or 40# cylinder. It will work fine when full, but when you get lower like 1/4 tank or so that little tank can't produce vapor fast enough for a large burner. For your minimal usage, you shouldn't have a problem. Also, for safety, make sure you use the correct vent assembly for the make/model/size of your unit, do not homebuild a vent.
Thanks for the math

I see what your saying about the smaller tank. I plan to have two 20# (standard BBQ for ease of swap out) tanks I guess I could always flip to the full one if its giving me issues.

I did but the correct vent assembly for it. $40 on amazon, no too bad.

Anyone used this water heater before? They have a "smart panel" for it that allows you to adjust water temp and whatnot, but not sure I want to spend the $$ on it. Can always add it later on.

In other news, my cab top box gasket showed up, as did my custom windows! I dropped the headliner of the truck.... Mouse nest. Ugh. Spent a day cleaning that mess up. Time to break the back window and get to work.
Java230 is offline   Reply With Quote