View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #12
RBowman

I just returned this evening from a week of skiing with my wife and kids in Summit County, CO. Great snow for this time of year. We checked out Tiger River RV Resort, which is what got me interested in the auto chain systems. I would like to return this summer with the KTM's and the downhill MTB's to take advantage of both the great high altitude Moto trails nearby as well as the downhill MTB parks at Keystone, Winterpark, and Granby Ranch. Want to enjoy this with my two oldest while they're still at home and I'm still healthy. While I'll have no need for the chains in July, I was shocked to find the RV resort at full capacity now in December. Coaches rolling in and out on icy roads. It did not convince me to drive there in winter from the east coast, but at least made me realize that I could enjoy mine more than just April through November with some modifications and careful planning. That said, while driving to Denver Airport at 2am (22 hours ago), I would have appreciated some chains coming off Loveland Pass on I 70. Roads were clear, but the SUV did some minor 4 wheel drifting around more than one turn. Some chains available in 4-5 seconds would be great piece of mind.
RBowman is offline   Reply With Quote