View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 10:26 AM   #13
Java230

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
I know Bob (Bob86ZZ4) has knowledge of issues w/ flush mounted cab over / clearance lights.

Is that the (2011+) 6.7L scorpion...insight out motor...exhaust manifold in the valley & injectors on the exterior of the block, where tradition exhaust manifold would be?

regardless of the motor year - there's a good bunch of guys on the internet for the ford diesel stuff (I have a 6.0L myself)....all they do is Ford Diesel Trucks.

Look for PSE (Power Stroke Enginuities) - Dorian is the owner, friend of mine - and great/famous guy for all power stroke stuff....he might be able to provide some insight to the oil leak. https://www.facebook.com/pages/PowerStrokeEnginuities/

Regarding small / portable generator - if you can tolerate slightly more noise and more wattage (than the Honda), Generac makes the iX2000 (2kw) unit, that delivers a TRUE 2kw (RMS) 2200 peak....I picked one up for about 500 bucks.
its an 08, so the 6.4L, turbos are in the valley, but the injectors/exhaust is normal. Ill look into him, thanks! I have found lots of writ ups online. If its just the injector harness, its not too bad, but the oil pan is going to be a huge pain in the ass. Too big of a motor stuffed into too small of a truck. Such is life.

I already have the Honda, so I am going to use that first. I have 500 AH of batteries, so I am hopeful I wont need it too much. It also has dual 120A alternators.

Im all ears on the clearance lights. I sealed them up, but hopefully they never have to come out.... They are LED at least.
Java230 is offline   Reply With Quote