View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 06:54 AM   #11
petrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
I'm a newby here, so I don't know you guys well, but, I do own and operate a windshield business.

Pilkington is without a doubt the worst quality glass I have ever had to deal with. I will not install one in my own vehicles. I would much rather have a Fuyao, XYG, SGC, APTech or any other. The fitment (size and shape) are below par, the glass itself is not to the same quality as the others and a multitude of other reasons.

Years ago, Pilkington was the benchmark for quality. Not any more. Fighting for one is a waste of your time and effort.
Thanks for your input. However, I've already had the windshield replaced. Safelite ended up getting the replacement windshield from Freightliner. Freightliner is still putting Pilkington in some of their trucks. They are made in Mexico, instead of China, so it fulfilled my requirement.

Although I had several conversations with corporate customer service, the local manager, and three technicians, no one called into question the quality of Pilkington, or recommended another brand. They pulled out the Fuyao and installed the Pilkington for no additional installation charge.

For future reference, are any of the brands you recommend made by an American company, in North America? I'll make a note of it for my next replacement.
petrel is offline   Reply With Quote