Thread: 359 Race Rig
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 08:32 PM   #3
Hooter Shaker

Default More Details Post 2 - 359 Race Rig

Found a short box trailer and bought it, got it home and removed the box and put it on the stretched truck. The box had a lift on the back and I left that on to make it easier to move items in and out of the truck. (Welder, plasma cutter, wife when she was tired. etc.,) I had purchased an older camper and planned to use most of the windows from it. I also used it to see how the slide mechanism worked because I wanted to put at least two slides in this rig. One in the living area and one in the bedroom. The plan is to pull a trailer with the bikes, tools, and whatever else behind the motorhome.

My wife and I worked over some ideas on the layout and the largest issue we had was the rear wheels and the plumbing for the bathroom, specifically the down pipe for the black water tank. We did not want it between the rear wheels. After much measuring we managed to get it behind the wheels by sacrificing some of the bedroom size. We had wanted to put a king size bed, and decided a queen bed would work. We managed to get that all figured out and knew where we wanted the main door and started cutting. The door was first, then the area for the slides, and finally the windows. We saved as much of the existing side wall metal so we could reuse it. The slides on the old camper I bought were air powered but I decided to use hydraulics. The living area slide ended up being 12' wide with a 32" extension and the bedroom slide 7' wide and 24" extension.
Attached Thumbnails
20150319_143957.jpg   20150319_094934.jpg   20150319_191548.jpg   20150411_111228.jpg  
Hooter Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote