View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #1
IronPercheron

Default Hauling 2016 4runner IN my conversion

I took most of today to read through a lot of info.

I know now that i am looking for a penske truck. Because uhaul stuff can be in rough shape.

I know now that i need a 26 foot truck with the box over the cab. (mother in law box?)

I also know that i dont know jack. or squat yet.... even after all the 4x4 builds i have done and other cool fabricating and machine work,... this is a whole new animal. I am all ears.

The PLAN

I want to tuck the new 4runner in the box and tow my boat behind me.

Boat is a 16 foot john boat with a 50hp 2 stroke... 1200 lbs MAYBE trailer and all.

I will move it from job to job. These jobs are long duration.... some 2 years even. I plan to do a tiny house style build (im a hell of a builder if i have a lil direction and clarification with new things) i just remodeled my house so i am no stranger to the construction side of this.

its more the fold up everything and cram the mommy mover into the living space... part that i havnt figured out yet. I do not wish to tow 4runner and boat tandem... i hate towing tandem. And if something happened to me my wife cant get us on to the next stop towing tandem.

Huge fan of the school bud conversions you see... but i like the box trucks better.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  
IronPercheron is offline   Reply With Quote