View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 10:00 PM   #152
Bob86ZZ4

A bit of an up-date. I think somewhere way back I might have said I first tried to power the fridge with a 600 watt inverter? And it didn't work very well. Kept overloading the inverter and shutting it down. But the inverter was supposed to allow 1000 watts of surge. So I thought it should work. Anyhow, I installed a 2k watt inverter for the fridge and it's worked great. And I wired the 600 watt one to the two tv's and a dvd player. Well it gave me bunches of problems. Beeping and error messages and shutting down. I made several calls to tech support and they finally replaced it for me under warranty. Guess what, the new one works fine for the tv's and dvd player. I would like to try plugging the fridge into it and see if it works. But I'm worried that maybe trying to power the fridge at first with the 600 watt one might have somehow damaged it? It shouldn't have though.